U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 PM

4 posts, read 6,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymom3 View Post
How is the job market? Are a lot of businesses banging up?
I have seen these last couple of years, stores that were open for the longest time, close their doors. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 10:38 PM

4 posts, read 6,650 times
I hope you find a nice home with great neighbors. Sadly, it is rare these days to find nice folk. On my whole street, there is only one neighbor who is friendly and nice. The others prefer to just stare and look at you as if you were scum. I live in Port Richey, off State Road 52. In the past I have always had great people on my street but since my family bought our house on this street, everyone is so rude and nasty. They don't care about their neighbor. One day my fire alarm went off. It was a small problem but the alarm was loud. People were home but still they didn't come to see if all is well. All you hear is fighting. The ones who were nice either moved or died. Anyway, just don't buy a house in Port Richey or at least not off Johnson Street. It is an ugly slice of Pasco county. Good luck. I used to live in Hudson, an area almost on the border with Hernando county. It was nice and quiet. Neighbors were good people. Friendly without being creepy.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:55 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,916,851 times
I have cleaned up this thread. Bashing a whole area with general statements will be deleted and infractions issued.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:14 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,277,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Trinity, The Estates, Fairway Oaks, Thousand Oaks, Golden Acres, The Resrve at Golden Acres, Oakridge, Hidden lake. I can keep going, the list is huge.

These subdivisions go from the north end of the county to the south end. They are all within spitting distance of Little Rd even though west Pasco extends past Little Rd it seems to be the cut off you want to use. Go ahead and tell me these have small run down 2 bedroom homes in them so I can laugh at you again.

This also has nothing to do with Danashores, it is a thread about Pasco which you have very little knowledge of.
While there are exceptions there are not many nice neighborhoods once you go north of Ridge and west of Little. There pretty much isn't much at all west of little road.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,944,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
While there are exceptions there are not many nice neighborhoods once you go north of Ridge and west of Little. There pretty much isn't much at all west of little road.
Considering that north of Ridge and west of Little equals probably less than .5% of the county of course you limit your choices. I have already mentioned a few nice subdivisions within those limits though and there are many more.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:05 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,277,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Considering that north of Ridge and west of Little equals probably less than .5% of the county of course you limit your choices. I have already mentioned a few nice subdivisions within those limits though and there are many more.
My response was about West Pasco so no clue why you are bringing up the entire county now. Going by your own "West Pasco" map that is a large part of it and it's mostly crappy. There are actually few nice areas just west of Little road.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:04 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,827,055 times
Of course there are exceptions to every rule....Pasco west of US19 at one time was a nice retirement haven now those same well kept home are run down drug dens...Gulf Harbors has a handful of beautiful gulffront homes...insurance is high...east Pasco are former cow pastures loaded with cookiecutter mass produced homes with strip malls(anytown USA feel).If you like to have a generic life east Pasco is for you....your kids will certainly not be going to school with doctors kids but they won't be going to school with kids of druggies either!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,944,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
My response was about West Pasco so no clue why you are bringing up the entire county now. Going by your own "West Pasco" map that is a large part of it and it's mostly crappy. There are actually few nice areas just west of Little road.
The reason I am bring up the entire county now is because the original title of the thread was , "Relocating to Pasco County?".

It was not, "Tell me about a extremely small portion of Pasco County".

Going by my own West Pasco map there are a multitude of nice areas and subdivisions one could live in. If someone chooses a bad area to live in they just did not do their homework.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 PM

3 posts, read 4,379 times
[SIZE=3]I think that it's unfair to call everyone in West Pasco a "druggie". I feel bad for all the people on here who have had bad experiences in Pasco, especially West Pasco. I live in West Pasco and I understand your frustration with the county, especially the West side as it is more populated. But labeling everyone in the county as a "low life" or a "druggie" isn't good. Just because people are poor, and don't kid yourself people where I live are poor, doesn’t make them bad. If you guys want to blame someone blame our local, state, and federal government for not doing everything it can to help Pasco be better. Fight the real enemy, not each other.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I love the post about neighbors here sticking together to get rid of crime, that really is how neighborhoods here are. I know my neighbors have my back and I have theirs and we have succeeded in keeping some really bad people out [/SIZE]

Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM

41 posts, read 90,308 times
I live in West Pasco and i feel safe and its a good neighborhood. My parents do too. I live on little north of Massachusetts and they live off little and trouble creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay