U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,166,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Just stay away from west Pasco as it is very bad.
I live close enough to 19 that I can throw a rock and it will land in the road. I am so tired of hearing that my area is bad. We may not have the perfectly manicured lawns, and expensive houses, but I can tell you that I take care of my house. We keep our lawn mowed and the weeds pulled. Kids play outside, and I am not afraid to let my 6 year old out to play with them. I trust my neighbors. I know them by name. There are only 3 houses on my street that I don't know the people by name.

I can tell you that I live here because when I was looking to buy a house I was approved for a much higher loan, but decided to not listen to the bank and get something that I felt I could afford. Guess what. My husband's been out of work for 2 years and I can still afford my house. I am not going in to foreclosure like so many that bought the same time I did. Not everyone that lives in this area are low class like so many would like people to believe. Some of us are just practical and like living with some breathing room in case one of us does lose a job.

Please everyone (not just the one I am quoting), please stop painting my area to be bad. It is what I can afford and I am trying to make it the best I can. By the way, since we moved in and cleaned up some, many other houses have also. Still not perfect, but we are getting there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 AM

7 posts, read 15,568 times
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think we've narrowed in on Wesley Chapel. Any thoughts on that area? Thanks so much!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 AM

9 posts, read 16,747 times
When I was a kid, everything from Ridge Road, going south on Little, into Trinity was bushes and trees (with the exception of that Gov't building and maybe the Trouble Creek Publix). They have really built it up nice, especially around the intersection of 54 and Little & going down 54 east, towards U.S. 41...That is the nicest and newest parts of Pasco and a easy 45 min drive to Tampa using the Suncoast or 30 min to Clearwater heading down McMullen Booth.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:55 AM

8,490 posts, read 10,402,305 times
Quote:
I don't call Trinity west Pasco or Odessa. I mean west of US19 or just east of US19.
So you mean about 3% of the county then?

And Trinity is certainly in West Pasco but doesn't suit your need for bitching about the county so you exclude it.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:32 PM

3,059 posts, read 2,109,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
If you stay in the Trinity area or go East on 54 from there you are in a nice area. That being said you should take a drive up US19 and Little road from 52 to 54 to get an idea of the rest of the area. It's mostly not pretty.
You got that right. Nothing but small 2bedroom shoeboxes that are rented out to drug dealers and all kinds of bums.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
So you mean about 3% of the county then?

And Trinity is certainly in West Pasco but doesn't suit your need for bitching about the county so you exclude it.
Most of Pasco is nice minus the US19 area, that being west of US19 and just east of US19 maybe 3 miles. Trinity is a whole another world compared to the rough areas around US19. It is a much better area with much nicer homes.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I live close enough to 19 that I can throw a rock and it will land in the road. I am so tired of hearing that my area is bad. We may not have the perfectly manicured lawns, and expensive houses, but I can tell you that I take care of my house. We keep our lawn mowed and the weeds pulled. Kids play outside, and I am not afraid to let my 6 year old out to play with them. I trust my neighbors. I know them by name. There are only 3 houses on my street that I don't know the people by name.

I can tell you that I live here because when I was looking to buy a house I was approved for a much higher loan, but decided to not listen to the bank and get something that I felt I could afford. Guess what. My husband's been out of work for 2 years and I can still afford my house. I am not going in to foreclosure like so many that bought the same time I did. Not everyone that lives in this area are low class like so many would like people to believe. Some of us are just practical and like living with some breathing room in case one of us does lose a job.

Please everyone (not just the one I am quoting), please stop painting my area to be bad. It is what I can afford and I am trying to make it the best I can. By the way, since we moved in and cleaned up some, many other houses have also. Still not perfect, but we are getting there.
What area do ya live in? That way i would have some idea of the area you live in.

I am talking about from Holiday up to Hudson west of US19
and just east of US19 to Little road.

I came from Danashores in Tampa that was a whole another world compared to west pasco. I had the crazy idea to flip homes in the west Pasco area in 04 and moved here in a $600k house on the gulf and got stuck here. I sure made a killing on the homes i flipped, but waited too late to sell the house on the gulf. I now have a buyer for $220k and will try to buy my house back in Danashores.

Danashores is like dream land compared to west Pasco.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymom3 View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think we've narrowed in on Wesley Chapel. Any thoughts on that area? Thanks so much!
That is a nice higher class area.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:48 PM

8,490 posts, read 10,402,305 times
Quote:
Most of Pasco is nice minus the US19 area, that being west of US19 and just east of US19 maybe 3 miles. Trinity is a whole another world compared to the rough areas around US19. It is a much better area with much nicer homes.
I believe Pasco is about 32 miles from east to west. You continually say that West Pasco is very bad, giving all that are not sure, the impression that a large portion of the county is terrible. You don't expound on it unless challenged and then you still include way too wide a swath.

Yes, the areas around the busiest thoroughfare in a county are generally not going to be the nicest because it will generally have large portions of commercial properties and lower rent properties.

The thing is that this will be true for most areas in most states, not just Pasco county. But there are still some very nice areas within very close proximity to US19.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:18 PM

Lets just say that Port richey is the worst, then Holiday, NPR and Hudson come in 3 and 4th worst. Maybe the Moonlake area tops them all, not sure since i have yet to ever go in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay