U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 946 times

Advertisements

Is the worst county to live in. I live in Pasco County at zip 33542 and the sheriff's say there is nothing they can do regarding death threats. When in fact, they could make an arrest for a felony in the second degree pertaining to Florida State Statute 836.10.

I am planing to move out of Florida all together because the judicial system is messed up in the state of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 AM

13 posts, read 10,509 times
Having lived in Port Richey (Unincorporated), for 18 yrs and moved from NJ, it really isn't so bad as some posters make it out to be. Living near Rt 19 has it's bad and good points, there are three Home Depots nearby, a Lowes, Carrabbas, Red Lobster, a Caddilac dealership, Macy's BestBuy and more, but there is traffic, sirens, and some crime, but you'll find these in every built up area. I'd rather have the convenience of three Walmarts, two Winn Dixies, Sweetbay and all the other shopping than having to travel 20 m to a HD like I did in southern New Jersey. I'd describe the area as blue collar so some people are just not gonna like it, but to say it's full of drugs and crime is rediculous. We have a jr. college, several hospitals, loads of shopping. True beaches aren't great up here, but Tampa and Clearwater aren't far, and we have one of the best airports around. Some people think they can afford an expensive home down here, but remember, you have to pay for lawn cutting, watering, de-bugging and other stuff like HOA's. These people get in over their heads, lbecause they forget there are additional costs. Unless you plan to do everything yourself then you will have to pay someone.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,311,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godslove72 View Post
Is the worst county to live in. I live in Pasco County at zip 33542 and the sheriff's say there is nothing they can do regarding death threats. When in fact, they could make an arrest for a felony in the second degree pertaining to Florida State Statute 836.10.

I am planing to move out of Florida all together because the judicial system is messed up in the state of Florida.
When you find a better place with better judicial system, don't forget to share with us

Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 400 times
Greetings,
I want to relocate to Pasco County zip code 33543 off of Old Pasco Rd. Is there anything I should know, the good, the bad. Perhaps crime rate and things of that nature.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:35 PM

3,096 posts, read 1,681,267 times
The only thing I dislike about Pasco is their water and sewer fees. Its a total scam that they get away with the bills they charge. Other than that I love it here!!!! I am between Suncoast and 41 off of 54. Its very convenient here. Almost no crime. The schools are decent. Honestly I couldn't be happier living here!!

Old 09-15-2015, 06:15 PM

2,719 posts, read 4,404,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The only thing I dislike about Pasco is their water and sewer fees. Its a total scam that they get away with the bills they charge. Other than that I love it here!!!! I am between Suncoast and 41 off of 54. Its very convenient here. Almost no crime. The schools are decent. Honestly I couldn't be happier living here!!
Recently Pasco county screwed lots of their customers because of billing error. May be you are referring to that. Otherwise, water and sewer are reasonable in Tampa Bay area in general. It never ceases to amaze me how Pasco County has continued to operate like they are a century behind. I won't live there, if you pay me. People are in for big surprise looking at the cheap houses in the middle of nowhere. The county services are nonexistent. You get what you pay for.

Pasco Water Bills: How to find out if you’re owed money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay