U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-08-2011, 04:42 PM

8,491 posts, read 10,318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Pocono street on Feb 7. Classified as a home invasion robbery. No arrests made. Exact address was 9826. Currently being investigated by the Sheriffs office.
Mind pointing me in the direction of your info source?
I don't even see a call out to the subdivision on the dispatch log on the 7th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Mike doesn't understand what an unverified 911 call is. It's an emergency call placed to the system usually when the person calling has no idea what's happening, but it sounds bad. In this case, neighbors called thinking they heard gunshots. The cops arrived and learned that someone was robbed in their home at gunpoint and pistol whipped.
Change your username again, Mike...lol
I am going off the available information from the sheriff's website, when someone points me to a link that I see this other information then I will believe it.

That doesn't change what I have said all along and that there are a few posters here that paint all of West Pasco with a broad brush and also didn't choose wisely when buying a home.

And what do you mean, "changed my user name again"? I had my full name on here when I first registered, unlike many, it stayed that way for over 4 years. I changed it to remove my last name around a month ago since I have not been involved in real estate for almost 2 years now and there was no need to have it on here.

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM

2,672 posts, read 1,849,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Mind pointing me in the direction of your info source?
I don't even see a call out to the subdivision on the dispatch log on the 7th.
I just gave ya a blow by blow as to what happened. There are cops out at that duplex day in and day out. The site should show ya the updated info under subivision activity after 4 am Wends morn. Just do a back track on that duplex for as far as you can go back and you will see all the calls.

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
All the info will be on the pasco site Wends morn. I had to get up to take a pee and see flashing red and blue lights thru the blinds. By around 5:30 am there was a patty wagon, vans. SUV's and a EMS. 9826 is the rented out part of the dulpex and the owner is in 9824 that is where the owner lives. It has been non stop action at that dulpex for years. Seems Mike needs to get his facts straight before making dumb comments.
Man for $600K I figured you were out on San Diego or San Sebastian, not close enough to see lights on Pocono. Now I can understand why you are so pissed off about where you bought.

And I got my facts straight from the Pasco Sheriff's website.

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I am going off the available information from the sheriff's website, when someone points me to a link that I see this other information then I will believe it.

That doesn't change what I have said all along and that there are a few posters here that paint all of West Pasco with a broad brush and also didn't choose wisely when buying a home.

And what do you mean, "changed my user name again"? I had my full name on here when I first registered, unlike many, it stayed that way for over 4 years. I changed it to remove my last name around a month ago since I have not been involved in real estate for almost 2 years now and there was no need to have it on here.
Guess it's hard to sell something when it is worth less and less as times goes by. Soon we will see homes in this area for under 18k.

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I just gave ya a blow by blow as to what happened. There are cops out at that duplex day in and day out. The site should show ya the updated info under subivision activity after 4 am Wends morn. Just do a back track on that duplex for as far as you can go back and you will see all the calls.
I did it for this year and for the duplex I see 2 Assist Citizen, 1 landlord Tenant issue and 2 Batteries within 3 minutes which tells be it was probably a domestic disturbance.

Unread 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I did it for this year and for the duplex I see 2 Assist Citizen, 1 landlord Tenant issue and 2 Batteries within 3 minutes which tells be it was probably a domestic disturbance.
Well trust me when i say it's over 200 calls over the last 2 years. Two lots are also inlcuded in the price of my house in 04 that i paid 600k for. I sold the house for 220k and am stuck with two lots that are not worth a dime.

I bought back a house i flipped in 05 for 140k on Pocono and paid 28k for it two months ago. I am going to do my best to talk the buyers of my Danashores home to sell it back to me at the same price they paid for it in 04.

So i do have a front row seat to all the action that the duplex can offer, and it does offer alot of action.

Unread 02-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Looks like we had some gun fire here in the hood.

Unread 02-09-2011, 04:05 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,068,582 times
Quote:
Looks like we had some gun fire here in the hood.
With all of the craziness that happens in your neighborhood, I am not surprised that you hate living in THAT neighborhood. It sounds like something straight out of a movie. I would hate living there too. I am really surprised by all of it. Before I came on to this site, I had no idea that people could hate an entire half of a county just because they chose a bad neighborhood. I don't blame you for trying to warn people away from the drug dealing gun fights. However, that is your neighborhood. If I listened to your advise before moving to my neighborhood, I probably wouldn't have moved here. That thought makes me kind of sad because I am happy with where I live.

I live in a neighborhood where people know their neighbors, kids play outside, and it a generally happy environment. Just 2 nights ago, the woman next door came over and asked if we had any vegetable oil because some of the neighborhood kids were making brownies and they ran out. The kids go from house to house playing inside, outside, wherever they want. We feel safe here and I am not worried about them being gunned down by random gunfire. The parents all watch out for all of the kids in the neighborhood. It is a great place. Like I said though, if I had heard your crazy stories about West Pasco I wouldn't have moved here and I would have missed out on a lot of fun. All I am asking about your generalizing posts is to be a bit more specific. I don't want another good family to miss out just because you hate your neighborhood.

Unread 02-09-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
With all of the craziness that happens in your neighborhood, I am not surprised that you hate living in THAT neighborhood. It sounds like something straight out of a movie. I would hate living there too. I am really surprised by all of it. Before I came on to this site, I had no idea that people could hate an entire half of a county just because they chose a bad neighborhood. I don't blame you for trying to warn people away from the drug dealing gun fights. However, that is your neighborhood. If I listened to your advise before moving to my neighborhood, I probably wouldn't have moved here. That thought makes me kind of sad because I am happy with where I live.

I live in a neighborhood where people know their neighbors, kids play outside, and it a generally happy environment. Just 2 nights ago, the woman next door came over and asked if we had any vegetable oil because some of the neighborhood kids were making brownies and they ran out. The kids go from house to house playing inside, outside, wherever they want. We feel safe here and I am not worried about them being gunned down by random gunfire. The parents all watch out for all of the kids in the neighborhood. It is a great place. Like I said though, if I had heard your crazy stories about West Pasco I wouldn't have moved here and I would have missed out on a lot of fun. All I am asking about your generalizing posts is to be a bit more specific. I don't want another good family to miss out just because you hate your neighborhood.
It's not just my hood. I coul dwalk across US19 behind the post office and it is just as bad or worse and i mean square miles of homes between US19 and little road. I would do my best to scare anyone from the area's i'm talking about.

I have had drunks fighting in the street at 2am in the morning and just last summer a bum that was drugged out just flopped down in front of my house with his legs in the street passed out. This makes the worst inner cities look like a cake walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay