Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 06:29 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,593,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Heh...It must be January up north. Everyone is good with the heat right now until they actually experience a Florida summer. You have no idea unless you have done it.
I moved from NYC to Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area in Jan. 20 years ago. I was fine with the heat then and still am.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,593,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Kudos to people who enjoy 95 degree heat and close to 100% humidity for a major part of the year,i also didnt have a problem with it when i was younger but as i aged it became intolerable for my physiology and i ended up being imprisoned in air conditioned climates for most of the year due to having breathing difficulties in the heat.i became grumpy and unhappy with the unrelenting heat and humidity
Now up in the north i may have to deal with such conditions for a week or two per year..its what works for me,and i do enjoy my yearly 3 weeks vacation in Florida, speaking of which that time is fast approaching..
Where is this place where it is 95 degrees and close to 100% humidity a major part of the year?

I really don't care what others like, if you like cold then live in cold, if you like warmth then live in a warm weather area. But stop with the useless and untrue statements about the weather here.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:41 AM

425 posts, read 956,893 times
You want hot, try waiting for a train in the middle of August at either the Jay Street, 57th Street or West 4th Street stations. You start sweating in places that you did not even know you had.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:34 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,071,779 times
Or Dekalb in Brooklyn, 47th-50th on 6th Avenue. The deeper underground the worse it is. No air circulation except when a train comes into the station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykick View Post
You want hot, try waiting for a train in the middle of August at either the Jay Street, 57th Street or West 4th Street stations. You start sweating in places that you did not even know you had.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM

Diary of a New Jersey resident:

August 15
- Moved to a new home in Jersey . It's so beautiful here. The lake to the north looks so majestic.
I can hardly wait to see it snow covered. I'm going to love it here.

-October 14
Jersey is definitely the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the park and saw some deer.
They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful > animals on earth.
This must be paradise, I LOVE IT HERE.

November 10
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous animal,
hope it will snow soon. I love it here. Those red and orange leaves have covered my yard. Looks
like a magnificent > multi-colored carpet. HOW BEAUTIFUL. Raking and cleaning up the yard will
be an opportunity for invigorating exercise in the cool crisp air.

November 15 -
Ah, more leaves and more exercise.

November 18 -
Jeeze, still more leaves. Guess it's best to wait until they've all fallen before I rake again.

November 25 -
Finally, all of the trees lost their leaves and today's final raking it's over for this season.
Chiropractor suggested I use a lawn maintenance service next year.
Only four blisters became infected. Should probably remember to use gloves.

November 30 -
What the heck? Where did all of those leaves come from? A little wind last night and the lawn is covered again. Oh well, they'll just have to wait until spring.

December 12 -
It snowed last night, FINALLY. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. Had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by and we had to shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I Love Jersey

December 14 -
More snow last night, I love it. The snowplow did his trick to the driveway again.
I Love it here.

December 19 -
More snow again last night. Can't get out of the driveway to get to work. I'm exhausted from shoveling. Damm that snowplow.

December 22 -
More of that white crapt fell again last night. As if dealing with the leaves weren't bad enough, now I've got blisters all over my hands from shoveling, must remember to wear gloves. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm finished shoveling the driveway.

December 25 -
Merry Christmas. More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on that guy
who drives the snowplow. I swear I'll kill him. Don't know why they don't > use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.

December 27 -
More white crap last night. Have been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway
after that plow goes through every time. My gloves got wet and then froze on my hands.
Doctor said it was just a mild case of frostbite, disfiguration > is probably only temporary. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

December 28 -
The weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches. At this rate it won't melt 'till summer.
The plow got stuck up the road and the guy came to the door and asked to borrow a shovel. After I told him I'd already broken six of them shoveling all the snow he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one on his> head.

January 4 -
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back I hit a damned deer that ran in front of my car. Did about $3000 damage. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3 -
Took the car to the garage in town. The thing is rusting out from all the salt they put all over the
roads.

May 10 -
Moved to The Villages in Florida .
I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would
ever live in that God-forsaken state of New Jersey

Old 01-30-2011, 09:10 AM

10,005 posts, read 11,112,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

August 15
- Moved to a new home in Jersey . It's so beautiful here. The lake to the north looks so majestic.

-October 14
Jersey is definitely the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the park and saw some deer.

November 10
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous animal,
hope it will snow soon. I love it here. Those red and orange leaves have covered my yard. Looks
like a magnificent > multi-colored carpet. HOW BEAUTIFUL. Raking and cleaning up the yard will

November 15 -

November 18 -
Jeeze, still more leaves. Guess it's best to wait until they've all fallen before I rake again.

November 25 -
Finally, all of the trees lost their leaves and today's final raking it's over for this season.

November 30 -
What the heck? Where did all of those leaves come from? A little wind last night and the lawn is covered again. Oh well, they'll just have to wait until spring.

December 12 -
It snowed last night, FINALLY. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. Had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by and we had to shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I Love Jersey

December 14 -
More snow last night, I love it. The snowplow did his trick to the driveway again.
I Love it here.

December 19 -
More snow again last night. Can't get out of the driveway to get to work. I'm exhausted from shoveling. Damm that snowplow.

December 22 -
More of that white crapt fell again last night. As if dealing with the leaves weren't bad enough, now I've got blisters all over my hands from shoveling, must remember to wear gloves. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm finished shoveling the driveway.

December 25 -
who drives the snowplow. I swear I'll kill him. Don't know why they don't > use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.

December 27 -
More white crap last night. Have been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway
after that plow goes through every time. My gloves got wet and then froze on my hands.
Doctor said it was just a mild case of frostbite, disfiguration > is probably only temporary. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

December 28 -
The weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches. At this rate it won't melt 'till summer.
The plow got stuck up the road and the guy came to the door and asked to borrow a shovel. After I told him I'd already broken six of them shoveling all the snow he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one on his> head.

January 4 -
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back I hit a damned deer that ran in front of my car. Did about $3000 damage. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3 -
Took the car to the garage in town. The thing is rusting out from all the salt they put all over the
roads.

May 10 -
waaaa..

Old 01-30-2011, 09:58 AM

306 posts, read 435,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

August 15

-October 14

November 10

November 15 -

November 18 -

November 25 -

November 30 -

December 12 -

December 14 -
I Love it here.

December 19 -

December 22 -

December 25 -

December 27 -

December 28 -

January 4 -

May 3 -
roads.

May 10 -
Although I don't have a dog in this fight, I must say that you appear to have an intense inferiority complex about where you live.

This thread has become your own personal blog with a few other opinions sprinkled in.

Some people don't like the weather in the Northeast, others don't like the heat and humidity of the South. This isn't recent news. The road to happiness does not always start and end with the climate that someone lives in.

Neither region has absolute perfection in their climate.

You seem to like Florida, others don't. Why do you care that much if people don't like where you live, especially if they have left or are planning on leaving?

Cheers.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 AM

All of CD is personal opinion with some facts sprinkled in.

It started with someone bashing FL and its weather.

I still dont know why people who left continue to come to a message board to berate where they USED to live.

If they left, fine, be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedoften View Post
Although I don't have a dog in this fight, I must say that you appear to have an intense inferiority complex about where you live.

This thread has become your own personal blog with a few other opinions sprinkled in.

Some people don't like the weather in the Northeast, others don't like the heat and humidity of the South. This isn't recent news. The road to happiness does not always start and end with the climate that someone lives in.

You seem to like Florida, others don't. Why do you care that much if people don't like where you live, especially if they have left or are planning on leaving?

Cheers.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,824,326 times
Quote:

Cheers.
oops, That was very funny, and I hate to say it, but I have to laugh, as I found myself yesterday saying much of the same clomping around here in D.C. in the snow! I always have a sense of humor and can laugh at myself! So all this bitchin, after moving back from Florida in 2009, missing home and now I am moving back to Florida, not Tampa, but back to St.Petersburg, where I should have moved to instead, in hot as sin August 2011, when my lease expires! You are correct, each place has good and bad, but the friggin cold and snow is so bad and I am so over it now!!! Yes, Florida is hot and I still dislike Tampa the city, but the Tampa Bay area and St. Pete and the beaches, and downtown St. Pete, the museums, art sections, etc and most of the year weather in Florida are great and the pace! This area will always be my home, but I think I need to really move on. Sometimes it is hard to do that and it takes a roundabout way. Anyway, I did get some great Blizzard of 2010 pictures and learned a few lessons! I am not sure why, but I cannot attach the pictures on this forum. I will try to attach them on my profile. So far the snow this year has not been to bad, at least for me. Others, drivers and bus drivers mostly have been stranded for nine to ten hours on the road and highways. UGH

Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 AM

The REAL question is why do FULL BACKS complain about FL and follow threads on a place and then bash the place they hated so much they had to leave. So, it's OK for someone to say FL sucks but nobody to refute that thought?

Quote:

Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay