Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
We're ready to go from NYC to TPA, looking forward to the heat.
Heh...It must be January up north. Everyone is good with the heat right now until they actually experience a Florida summer. You have no idea unless you have done it.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
No problems finding comfortable air conditioning where I'm at where ever I go in FLA. Meanwhile, people are stranded for 7-8 hrs in the car for trips that usually take 30 mins.
Some of my family up north have been doing this. Just terrible. Summers here may be brutal, but at least the heat doesn't shut the cities down.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:37 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
Nope, not really. I'm a recent FL expat, moved back to Boston, and I'd rather be frozen stiff than bored stiff. Florida didn't work for us. We'll take the cold along with the great restaurants, the arts, an award winning newspaper, and all things familiar. Keep your asphalt melting smarmy summers, biblespeak, and damp armpits.
They have an invention now called deodorant that allows people to walk outside in the heat and not get sweaty arm pits . Did you know the internet can also be used to access any newspaper even if we aren't in the same town .

Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Nope, not really. I'm a recent FL expat, moved back to Boston, and I'd rather be frozen stiff than bored stiff. Florida didn't work for us. We'll take the cold along with the great restaurants, the arts, an award winning newspaper, and all things familiar. Keep your asphalt melting smarmy summers, biblespeak, and damp armpits.
You know, the Panhandle isn't the only part of Florida, right?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Some of my family up north have been doing this. Just terrible. Summers here may be brutal, but at least the heat doesn't shut the cities down.
Exactly.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:25 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
They have an invention now called deodorant that allows people to walk outside in the heat and not get sweaty arm pits . Did you know the internet can also be used to access any newspaper even if we aren't in the same town .
Things I'll do this month ....go to a broadway play, go to an NHL, NBA game, go to a PGA event, go to a concert, go to the Dali Museum, go to a parade/Gasparilla, go to a major league baseball game, play golf and tennis, go to a National Geographic lecture at Straz, see the Florida Orchestra, go to the beach, go to the aquarium, go to Busch Gardens.

..yeah there's nothing to do in Florida - you have to move to Boston to avoid boredom.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Heh...It must be January up north. Everyone is good with the heat right now until they actually experience a Florida summer. You have no idea unless you have done it.
They dont have a clue
Up here in the Northeast its going to be some of the best skiing of the season this weekend.
Oh baby what a rush

Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Quote:
Yeah, love the stench of failing deodorant as I walk through the half-vacant malls of Florida. And yes, you can access some of the better newspapers on line for now but more and more are instituting pay walls like the NY Times. Someone referenced the Panhandle. Never been. All I know is right now I'm sitting in my pjs, looking out at a snow covered golf course with the morning sun coming through the pines and later I'll go for a 40 minute walk (yes outside) and life got good, real good, once we left Florida.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:18 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
It's a trade off.....but sadly I do agree with you...not having to mow snow everyday is a benefit, which is why I always say that SINCE IN FL we don't get that, why aren't larger, more divers companies set up camp here? it's not like we don't have miles of "land" available!!!!! (LOL)

It is sad that ppl have to give up arts and culture to get away from the snow.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:29 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Yeah, love the stench of failing deodorant as I walk through the half-vacant malls of Florida. And yes, you can access some of the better newspapers on line for now but more and more are instituting pay walls like the NY Times. Someone referenced the Panhandle. Never been. All I know is right now I'm sitting in my pjs, looking out at a snow covered golf course with the morning sun coming through the pines and later I'll go for a 40 minute walk (yes outside) and life got good, real good, once we left Florida.
Well I'm glad that you and your pretension found a new home in New England. I'm sure it's a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay