Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 AM

5 posts, read 7,173 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are moving to Tampa,FL. My DH has got project there and his work is in zip 33610. We are so confused to choose an apartment in a good neighbourhood, shops around and mainly we are looking for good preschools for our 3 year old kid.
Please suggest us some safe neighbourhoods that has good preschools.
Thanks in advance
San
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,460 times
33610 is not an area I'd want to live in. The only shops around there are the mall and the strip malls. You'll spend more time in your car than you will shopping or dining or whatever.

To get any good tips here, you'll need to be more specific than a safe neighborhood, good preschools, and shops around. Your budget would be a good place to start.

Good luck.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Thank you Eastern Roamer.
I just started going around looking the aaprtments and all the apartments are coming around for 950 to 1100 $. This is what the range we are looking for.But the main thing is the apartment should be in a nice area as i mentioned with shopping malls closeby and i esp want a good preschool nearby for my kid. Me and my Husband share a car,so if he takes the car to work, i should be able to go to school by walk or if not i have to drop my husband to work and then have to use the car!
I went and saw Asprey, hamlin, camden royal palms so far.. Asprey and Hamlin seems to be closer to shops (causeway rd) and camden is lil far..

Hope someone cud give me more suggestions..
Thanks

Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 AM

Thank you. I looked in some apartments in temple terrace online,but was wondering whether i will get a good preschool!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 AM

121 posts, read 385,614 times
Museum of Science and Industry has a Headstart Program for 3-5 year old and Temple Terrace Elementary has a good Pre-K program also. Both institutions have a main library across from them. Hope that helps. Look at greatschools.org for more info. On a side note, you should be the one mainly teaching your children early on to instill education in them not the government/institution. Make sure your child is in an advance program while in school system in Florida to prepare them for College.

Temple Terrace is more residential, there are a couple apartments in the town right now that are built in the 1980s. If you are moving here with no info of the area, it's better to rent a place for 3 months and check out what areas you like. If you are planning to live in the area for more than four years it's better to buy a house since it will appreciate (if you have the income).

Last edited by starwins; 02-27-2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Thanks Starwins for the info..let me check.
Others could also throw some suggestions on preschools near brandon and new tampa please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay