U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 17,955 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm Moving From Ny To Gibsonton Sometime Next Year. We Already Purchased A House There. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Give Me A Feel For The Area. We Will Both Be Retired. Any Good In's And Out's Of The Area Would Be Appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
966 posts, read 1,224,209 times
Hope you like "carny" (carnival) folks, because Gibsonton is their winter headquarters.

If you're really lucky your next door neighbor might have a corn dog or elephant ear trailer parked in their front yard...

RM

Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM

70 posts, read 251,771 times
Gibsonton isn't too far from Brandon and Tampa shopping and restaurants.
I used to drive through it on 41 when I worked in Apollo Beach. There isn't really much there, I would certainly visit before I moved. There is a large amount of Adult Bookstores and many shacks with Carnival rides and games parked out front. The Carnival life is alive and well in Gib-Town! I certainly wouldn't want to live there, but if I was retiring I would probably have more of an open-mind!

Good Luck!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 PM

10,361 posts, read 17,065,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debraanne View Post
Hi, I'm Moving From Ny To Gibsonton Sometime Next Year. We Already Purchased A House There. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Give Me A Feel For The Area. We Will Both Be Retired. Any Good In's And Out's Of The Area Would Be Appreciated.
Didn't you get a "feel for the area" before you purchased? I sure hope so. As said, not much there, and it has historically been the winter home of the carny folk and sideshow "freaks". It's not as much as it used to be but the atmosphere is still there. It is at least very convenient to the big city of Tampa.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,435,416 times
Where is the home located? Is it in a sub-division? Or is it in town?

Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM

6 posts, read 13,369 times
I have to tell you that despite the 'carny' comments, Gibsonton is full of wonderful people and the area is up-and-coming. Yes, there is a history there, but I have been a teacher in Gibsonton for 3 years. Walmart started some improvements and Gibtown is now on the map. There are a lot of areas that need some help, but it's close to the water, the Alafia River is right there, and the people are good people. If you have kids, the elementary school is full of teachers that really care about their students.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM

6 posts, read 17,955 times
i live in a new subdivision near the new wal mart. it seems like a nice quiet neighborhood. we've been back there twice for a few days. didn't have a chance of really get a feel for the place.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,918 times
Default Gibsonton is a great place.

Yes I have lived in Gibsonton for 1 1/2 years and I like it here. Especially the river and getting to know the people and the history is great. I even decided to do a business directory for our area, GibtownUSA Community & Business Directory for Gibsonton & Riverview Florida (http://www.gibtownusa.com - broken link) GibtownUSA Community & Business Directory for Gibsonton & Riverview Florida[/url]. We have East Bay Raceway Park, we have manatees, we have alafia river, we have stories from the past that are interesting. It's a great place to me and I am enjoying getting to know everyone and finding new places to go. As you can see from the pic, I love taking pics in the morning of the life on the river.
Attached Thumbnails
gibsonton area-csl-alafiariver-028b.jpg  

Last edited by CarolynSueLogan; 04-26-2008 at 06:34 PM..

Old 09-18-2008, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,622 times
There are no adult bookstores in Gibsonton. There in Tampa.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM

1,367 posts, read 3,620,320 times
Gibsonton is a nice little area that is growing. There are quite a few new housing divisions out there. It's not too far from shopping in Brandon or tampa-or even Ellenton (like a 35-40 min. drive south)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay