Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 6,356 times

Advertisements

Port Richey is a lower-middle class area, for the most part. It's doing very poorly economically (but you can also look at that as an opportunity). I am mixed (although not black) and in my 30+ years of living here, have not had anyone act overtly negative toward me.
I know several families in the area that are wonderful, caring people. I have good friends live in PR with mixed racial households. I speak to them several times a week and to my knowledge, there have been no issues whatsoever. There isn't a lot of diversity in the area, but it is changing. You can interpret that however you would like
There is some bigotry in the older residents and perhaps still some attitude in parts of the county, but I wouldn't say that it's typical of PR....I've seen far worse in AL.
HTH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 AM

235 posts, read 1,577,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I would stay away. The area is full of drug dealers and crime to the max.
So do you have data to back that up??

Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just stay away from the Moon Lake area...
WHY??? it is not all that bad, been here 24yrs...and I'm still alive and well..

Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
That is really skin head red necks in that area.
Have you been out here lately?? Personally I recent that type of remark!!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 AM

30,389 posts, read 21,210,559 times
As i have said in another thread just look up the crime reports in the areas i'm talking about.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,140 times
Thanks everyone for your posts. We took the drive down to Port Richey and rode around Fox Hollow. It is not our type of area, but we did find a lovely house in the Regency Park area. The. Homes are newer and very well kept. We are very happy with our choice.

We also went to the mall and several stores in Port Richey and felt very comfortable. My son played in the little "Play area" at the end of the mall and had a blast, and so did the other children and parents that were watching him as he went around hugging all the little girls!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
"Crime Reports" are one thing. Arrests is what I am looking for. Calling the cops to report a domestic disturbance is not what I call crime.

Crime report means someone called the police for assistance. It does not mean that a crime was found or committed.

Quote:
As i have said in another thread just look up the crime reports in the areas i'm talking about.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
"Crime Reports" are one thing. Arrests is what I am looking for. Calling the cops to report a domestic disturbance is not what I call crime.

Crime report means someone called the police for assistance. It does not mean that a crime was found or committed.
When you get domestic disturbance call ins time after time from the same homes you know you are dealing with trash and drugs. In the 41 years i
lived in Danashores we never saw the kind of action i have seen in Westport in months time.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Seems you have a serious concern with drugs and folks not of your social class.

Quote:
When you get domestic disturbance call ins time after time from the same homes you know you are dealing with trash and drugs. In the 41 years i
lived in Danashores we never saw the kind of action i have seen in Westport in months time.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Seems you have a serious concern with drugs and folks not of your social class.
When you live with it all around you then ya i do. I'm going back home soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay