Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM

9 posts, read 39,026 times

Advertisements

Ok... I've lived in this area my whole life.. Pasco and Pinellas. Pasco is full of Low income, low life, going no where drug dealers or drug addicts. Half of my high school class has been in and out of jail. Your son will not find good friends here. It's practically impossible and I'm not a drug dealer OR user. The people in Pasco CANNOT drive. I fear for mine and my daughters safety whenever I pull onto 19.
If you made good money I would suggest East Lake but Even there... East Lake is a high class area with a bunch of rich kids that use their parents money to buy drugs every day.

Go online and read about Florida's SEVERE problem with 'Pill Mills' It's a terrible thing that is happening here. I've seen people passing out in grocery stores. It's disgusting. We're moving out of Florida at the end of the year because we can't raise our child here.
Good luck.. Don't move to Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 03:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYearsAway View Post
Ok... I've lived in this area my whole life.. Pasco and Pinellas. Pasco is full of Low income, low life, going no where drug dealers or drug addicts. Half of my high school class has been in and out of jail. Your son will not find good friends here. It's practically impossible and I'm not a drug dealer OR user. The people in Pasco CANNOT drive. I fear for mine and my daughters safety whenever I pull onto 19.
If you made good money I would suggest East Lake but Even there... East Lake is a high class area with a bunch of rich kids that use their parents money to buy drugs every day.

Go online and read about Florida's SEVERE problem with 'Pill Mills' It's a terrible thing that is happening here. I've seen people passing out in grocery stores. It's disgusting. We're moving out of Florida at the end of the year because we can't raise our child here.
My son's pricipal told all ths tudents in 3rd grade "IF YOU HANG OUT WITH LOSERS YOU BECOME A LOSER"

I guess we know what categorie you belong to....

We live her for a decade and we have very nice friends and have seen not so good people, like every where in the world. If this is the kind you only meet, than it clearly that you like to meet people like that.

Any person who is stating that almost all people are like that, really haven't a good point and your post is based on your loser friend and not about a valid point. Otherwise any sane person would move out of Pasco.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYearsAway View Post

I am just trying to figure out if I am a drug dealer or a drug addict. I thought I was neither, but I guess I must be one of them. Oh! Can I pick drug dealer? They seem to have more money than addicts. Do I have to go to a special school to become a dealer? Sorry. I am a product of Pinellas County Schools, so I must have missed the training that they give in Pasco County schools. I will be sure to tell my daughter to study hard so that she can be the best drug dealer in our neighborhood when she grows up. Then I will be a proud mom.

Silly me. I keep forgetting that they put all of the bad drivers in one county. I guess that is to keep the streets clear in the rest of the country. I must get out more so I can see where this magical land is that has no bad drivers.

I am so tired of these posts. People are not going to take you seriously when you lump an entire county into generalized statements.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I am just trying to figure out if I am a drug dealer or a drug addict. I thought I was neither, but I guess I must be one of them. Oh! Can I pick drug dealer? They seem to have more money than addicts. Do I have to go to a special school to become a dealer? Sorry. I am a product of Pinellas County Schools, so I must have missed the training that they give in Pasco County schools. I will be sure to tell my daughter to study hard so that she can be the best drug dealer in our neighborhood when she grows up. Then I will be a proud mom.

Silly me. I keep forgetting that they put all of the bad drivers in one county. I guess that is to keep the streets clear in the rest of the country. I must get out more so I can see where this magical land is that has no bad drivers.

I am so tired of these posts. People are not going to take you seriously when you lump an entire county into generalized statements.
You nailed it!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
East Pasco/LandoLakes,Trinity,Wesley Chapel are very good areas to raise a family!I hope people are not lumping all of Pasco as a bad area!! However, West Pasco Holiday area is not a place I would recommend to new families! I know not every person in Holiday area is a drug dealer/hooker!! There are some nice neighbohoods such as Vista Key and Gulf Harbors has some beautiful waterfront homes, but in general I would not advise anyone to buy in Western Pasco!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
East Pasco/LandoLakes,Trinity,Wesley Chapel are very good areas to raise a family!I hope people are not lumping all of Pasco as a bad area!! However, West Pasco Holiday area is not a place I would recommend to new families! I know not every person in Holiday area is a drug dealer/hooker!! There are some nice neighbohoods such as Vista Key and Gulf Harbors has some beautiful waterfront homes, but in general I would not advise anyone to buy in Western Pasco!
Well said.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 PM

147 posts, read 354,604 times
I was looking on line at some homes for sale in the vicinity of Morehead Lane, in either New Port or Port Richey. The prices are drastically reduced from a year ago, for example a 2 or 3 bedroom with an in ground pool for a little over $60K. However we would like to live in an area that affords use a decent quality of life. So for those of you that live in the area (1) are there a lot of residential burglaries - if the stories that there is a lot of drug dealing in the area then the junkies are going to be breaking into houses; is it safe to park your car on the street or in your driveway overnight instead of locked up in the garage (cars being broken into by junkies in your driveway/outside your house on the street); are there hookers in the residential areas walking the streets (or are they just on 19) and do most of the homes have iron bars on all the windows and doorways (please don't tell me they are there for "ornamentation" purposes).
I was in the area just very briefly last summer and I didn't see the normal street activity associated with drug dealing well at least to NY standards. I did get a chance to speak with an ex-junkie who was visiting a friend here in NY and he told me that there is plenty of drug dealing its just that they do most of their business in doors whereas in NY it has more of a "street market" flair.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:54 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
I was looking on line at some homes for sale in the vicinity of Morehead Lane, in either New Port or Port Richey. The prices are drastically reduced from a year ago, for example a 2 or 3 bedroom with an in ground pool for a little over $60K. However we would like to live in an area that affords use a decent quality of life. So for those of you that live in the area (1) are there a lot of residential burglaries - if the stories that there is a lot of drug dealing in the area then the junkies are going to be breaking into houses; is it safe to park your car on the street or in your driveway overnight instead of locked up in the garage (cars being broken into by junkies in your driveway/outside your house on the street); are there hookers in the residential areas walking the streets (or are they just on 19) and do most of the homes have iron bars on all the windows and doorways (please don't tell me they are there for "ornamentation" purposes).
I was in the area just very briefly last summer and I didn't see the normal street activity associated with drug dealing well at least to NY standards. I did get a chance to speak with an ex-junkie who was visiting a friend here in NY and he told me that there is plenty of drug dealing its just that they do most of their business in doors whereas in NY it has more of a "street market" flair.
Most of the drug dealers do it from the homes they rent, when ya see car after car all times of the day and nite coming and going you should know whats going on. There are plenty of homes being broken into. As for leaving my C6 Corvette parked outside, that will never happen. Most cars around here are old ragged out junkers anyway.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPLUMBING View Post
Have you been out here lately?? Personally I recent that type of remark!!
Just check out all his posts to get an idea of his generalizing for the area.
To him all of West Pasco is drug dealers.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
I live in Wesley Chapel, and our neighborhood is a nice neighborhood, but recently I discovered that someone down our street was arrested for stealing manhole covers ..OMG what more stupid can a person be!

Than we had a couple of minors who were really trouble...but the issues were solved when the parents of one of them were forclosed on, the other went to a juvenile facility, another one to State prison (and afterwards never cam e back here) and another one was send to live with his mom up North...so things changed a lot.

I wonder how the areas will be where these people end up, but guess what we are rid of them, so what the heck.

All I want to say is that things can change easily and other areas can become bad, due to people like this.

We have our office on the West pasco side and meet a lot of very nice people and we are in Real Estate, and I can't say that this area is any different than other areas. Maybe in some high end areas you won't see this but there you might have white crime and people not paying their mortgage, etc....just look up some high end areas in Tampa and St. Pete or Clearwater and you don't know who ends up buying these homes cheap.

SOHO in NY was back in the days not an area that any one wanted to live and now years later people have to pay top money for that area....

IMO for any one saying this area is bad....to me they have no valid point and it says more about themself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay