U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM

239 posts, read 674,675 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I'm moving to Tampa in early March. 32, (soon to be) single, and really excited. Raised in Texas, currently live in Baltimore. Can't wait to get back to the South.

I was thinking Seaport Channelside Apartments. Looks like it's close to most of the things I like. Bars, Karaoke, Gyms, good grocery stores, places to run, and other people my age. On google maps, it shows that country rd. 574/East 7th is a pretty dense concentration of the places I like to hang out. Any idea how that walk is? Looks like 15-20 mins on foot. Figured I could hoof it there, and cab it back. Safe walk?

Already signed up for flag foot ball (Wednesday, Coed) as a free agent with Tampa Club Sports. Anyone looking for an extra team member?

Also thinking I'd work out at Powerhouse Gym. Anyone here go there that can tell me what it's like? Would really like to find a training partner.

Thanks for any advice you can offer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM

494 posts, read 1,416,763 times
We had a place there for 2 years. It's pretty nice although some dog owners aren't super conscientious. They have a few nice events/party type things. Good gym and the one you mention is close. Get a reserved parking space - it's $10-15 per month. Indoor parking is nice. No squabbles of deposit returns. Had a penthouse and a 1 bdrm.

The units on the west side get a lot of light/heat and along the toll road you will get light and noise. The east side is cooler and quieter. East units I beleive are granite / west got cost controlled when the market tanked (formica). Both are nice. You can rent a storage unit if needed. Brown concrete floors.

I'd shoot for the east side on the top floor. Riding a bike out of the top floor is a hoot. They have a ramp style entrance that goes straight and up. No turns. You are airborne by the 3rd floor and hoping a car will open the doors as you zoom by. Peddling back up is ruff. Can use the freight elevator.

If you bring furniture it can be a long haul for your movers - let them know. I think the hall is like 130 years long end to end.

You can walk to Ybor if that's what you mean. Also the trolley line runs right to the east so if it's real late you can get home that way. Walking from the tolley to the apartments isn't far but it is in the commercial area of the port. I always just stayed aware of my surroundings. No worries in the day or evening. 3 am be careful anywhere.

It might be more than 15 mins. I'n not kidding when I say the halls are lOoOOooOong. It could be 5 to walk out of the building. Then I'd guess 15-20 to get to Ybor. Not sure if there is a monthly tram pass. Last time I used it I think it was 3.50 for unlimited. Takes you over to bridge to Harbor Island/downtown Tampa area from Ybor and places between.

Have fun it's a great area. Get a bike to ride on Bayshore! There's a Publix there too.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 PM

239 posts, read 674,675 times
Having lived in Detroit, East Dallas, and Baltimore, I know to watch myself at night

That said, thanks very much for the feedback. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:18 AM

494 posts, read 1,416,763 times
heh that should have been 130 yards even though it feels like 130 years when moving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or