Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 AM

6 posts, read 16,754 times

Advertisements

An African American middle class family (husband/wife) looking for advice on relocating from Nashville, TN to Tampa, Fl with a 16 year old for a new start. Originally from Michigan looking to rent townhome or Condo. High School is important considering we have a daughter that will be beginning her Junior year. Seeking to get feedback on the type of area and nearby beaches. Wanting to know the average income range currently both making over 60k. We're not looking to pay over 1300.00 monthly for a nice rental currently paying 1200.00 for a 4 bdrm 2700sqft home will definitely downsize.

Last edited by KGHOLSTO13; 02-23-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM

213 posts, read 660,099 times
its hard to say what the average income range would be for you, without any information on what you both or either one of does for a living....
are you wanting to live in tampa or the sourrounding areas ??? Brandon is a nice location outside of tampa, has a lot of things to do , decent schools and about 15-20 min to downtown Tampa depending on traffic... there are a lot of nice beaches within a short drive from Tampa/Brandon

Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 PM

26 posts, read 83,831 times
Plant High School and Sickles High are the best in Tampa, according to this site Tampa High Schools - Tampa, FL | GreatSchools
That would mean you should move to South Tampa for Plant High or Citrus Park area for Sickles High.

There are no beaches in Tampa proper, you will have to cross the bay and drive to the coast - Clearwater, Indian Rocks or St Pete have nice beaches.

Good luck in your search!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw71 View Post
its hard to say what the average income range would be for you, without any information on what you both or either one of does for a living....
are you wanting to live in tampa or the sourrounding areas ??? Brandon is a nice location outside of tampa, has a lot of things to do , decent schools and about 15-20 min to downtown Tampa depending on traffic... there are a lot of nice beaches within a short drive from Tampa/Brandon

Can you advise on the area being called the New Tampa and what the school district might be like if you're aware. I'm in Healthcare and do lots of consulting/contract work. Of course with relocating to FL I'd be searching and to find something without the travel.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM

463 posts, read 1,052,762 times
Average income per person in Tampa area is 37k (according to 2008 data) for 2010 i would guess it's 38.5k or so. Historically it was always just bellow of national average. But this includes minimum wage jobs as well as professional jobs. You would need be more specific about the industry/jobs you are looking for to get better income estimations.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw71 View Post

We are flexible to either the surrounding area of Tampa or Tampa itself. I'm in Healthcare and my spouse is in Finance.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 PM

213 posts, read 660,099 times
New tampa is mostly a decent area, schools are ok also.. (not to thrilled on the school system period in florida,) but there are some a lot worse than new tampa area ..
some of the local large hospitals , tampa general, st josephs, then in brandon : brandon regional
not sure for financial jobs

Old 02-26-2011, 06:35 PM

5 posts, read 12,835 times
KGHOLSTO13 - where in Nashville are you at? My wife and I live in Franklin, and are moving to Tampa in late June. We're planning on renting in Westchase to start with, so we can get an idea of the area better while living there. From what we've seen, that area feels the closest to the Brentwood/Franklin area to us.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 AM

we are in the Nippers Conner area we're simply looking to rent Cond/Townhome initially to get a sense of the various areas before we actually purchase anything. Not to sure on the location as of right now so going to head that way in a couple months to go around looking and to visit high schools.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd2a View Post
KGHOLSTO13 - where in Nashville are you at? My wife and I live in Franklin, and are moving to Tampa in late June. We're planning on renting in Westchase to start with, so we can get an idea of the area better while living there. From what we've seen, that area feels the closest to the Brentwood/Franklin area to us.

We are in the Nashville, Brentwood Border. We also are seeking to rent initially in order to get a sense of the area prior to purchasing. Happy findings for you and your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay