U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:47 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,978,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzeehouse View Post
connorton has a real cutesy comunity a bit pricy for normal ppl but completly walkable ^^ Connerton - A master planned, new home community near Tampa, Florida good luck on ur search!
You are exactly right! Connerton is walkable and very cutesy. I walked Connerton last year and loved it, but the price was prohibitive and I wasn't crazy about paying a CDD fee for the next 30 years because I'll be on a fixed income. Also the houses were a bit close together and trees were lacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 AM

367 posts, read 1,534,989 times
If you are looking at Bay area not just Tampa, consider Seminole. Lots of 3/2s there around that price range. Walk to beaches - depending on which part you live - close to shops (again depending on which part). I live in Unincorporated Largo (by seminole) and I can walk to shops, banks, post offices, eating places, beach, but have to drive 1.5 miles (so you could bike) to library, rec center, hospital. But there are plenty of doctors offices, vetinary centers, dental places close by too. Safe to walk at night (I do with my dog). Indeed, if you live in many parts of Pinellas county you will find the same thing and I'm sure the same can be said for Hillsboro. There are quite a few large subdivisions that are trying to develop along those lines, but have not yet achieved all of it, but Fishhawk Ranch is a good one. I have not checked house prices there recently, but am certain they are struggling with the rest of the state, so it could be you can find a home there too. Good luck to you.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 AM

88 posts, read 287,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Why would you say such a thing? There are four for sale in my neighborhood alone(Bayside West), even less than 250k for a 3/1 and many more south of Gandy Blvd. Some have just car ports instead of a garage, but i didnt see that a garage was necessary. Here is a great link: Just plug in the prices and criteria, and click on the red flags for the "For Sale" homes.

Zillow - Real Estate Search Results

Look at this 5 year old house in Port Tampa for less than 250k...
Zillow - 7511 S West Shore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33616
Tampaguy, you always have reasonable advice. I was in the South tampa area (went all the way up Dale Mabry) this weekend and we pulled off many side streets wherever we saw signs for rent or sale. I didn't see anythign as cheap as you mentioned but it was obviously a casual search. I hope to be able to find something to rent in that area next year if everything goes the way I want it too (sell our house and find a job!) because I really liked the area. We were in St Pete that weekend (eastern side near the bay) and it was so depressing. Some spots were OK and there were some cool places in downtown and 4th st N, but zero consistency. Too bad because I was hoping to like it. South tampa has a definite charm. Hyde Park is ideal but as I learned this weekend there's way more than just Hyde Park in what people consider "South Tampa"

Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 AM

20 posts, read 73,533 times
Try Citus Park or the areas AROUND Westchase, not in Westchase ...Westchase is expensive but areas a bit north of westchase are good or even look in South Pasco County, Land O Lakes or Wesley Chapel

Old 01-22-2008, 06:37 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,978,469 times
Thank you for all of the great advice! I will be in Florida over Presidents Day weekend to look at the areas north of Tampa and again for a week in March to look elsewhere for my little walkable town. It's snowing here and twenty-four degrees, so knowing I'll be in Florida searching for my new hometown is something that keeps me going as I scrape my car, put on my long underwear, and slosh through the snow.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,598,940 times
Talking A SNOWBIRD Wannabee = snowed-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Thank you for all of the great advice! I will be in Florida over Presidents Day weekend to look at the areas north of Tampa and again for a week in March to look elsewhere for my little walkable town. It's snowing here and twenty-four degrees, so knowing I'll be in Florida searching for my new hometown is something that keeps me going as I scrape my car, put on my long underwear, and slosh through the snow.
LOL - LOL -- all I can say is "ME TOO" !!! If you find your walkable town, please share the information with me; that's exactly what I'm looking for also!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:27 PM

849 posts, read 3,199,903 times
Default Downtown St. Pete

or the Hyde Park area of Tampa is as close as you're gonna get. but both are nice with restaurants bars shopping, even basic necessity shopping like groceries and pharmacies. st. Pete also has the waterfront, The Pier, movie theaters and live theater venue and a park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
LOL - LOL -- all I can say is "ME TOO" !!! If you find your walkable town, please share the information with me; that's exactly what I'm looking for also!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay