U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM

41 posts, read 81,237 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving from Ohio to Florida in April. We have gone back and forth with whether to rent first or buy. We have visited 3 times the last 6 months and really love Connerton. Land O Lakes is a little bit of a drive from everything(only 10-15min from all malls, restaurants, shopping, etc though.) We are both nurses. I will be working in Brooksville and my wife just got a job at the hospital within connerton. I need some opinions on what people think of the future for connerton??? It obviously got hit hard by the housing market crash. However, it seems to me that it has a lot of potential to be a great place to raise a family. Plus, right now you can get a $400k home in 2006 for under $200k!! Will that community ever recover? Any advice or opinions???? To big of a risk???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 AM

2,719 posts, read 4,403,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britifftay View Post
My wife and I are moving from Ohio to Florida in April. We have gone back and forth with whether to rent first or buy. We have visited 3 times the last 6 months and really love Connerton. Land O Lakes is a little bit of a drive from everything(only 10-15min from all malls, restaurants, shopping, etc though.) We are both nurses. I will be working in Brooksville and my wife just got a job at the hospital within connerton. I need some opinions on what people think of the future for connerton??? It obviously got hit hard by the housing market crash. However, it seems to me that it has a lot of potential to be a great place to raise a family. Plus, right now you can get a $400k home in 2006 for under $200k!! Will that community ever recover? Any advice or opinions???? To big of a risk???
What's this has got to do with the price of tomorrow?

If I were you I wouldn't buy before living and making sure that is the place I want to live. You sound to be in hurry. Take a deep breath, the houses will be there. There is a reason for 50% price cut in 4 years and now has to double to get back to there.

Good luck and welcome to Tampa Bay!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:20 PM

3,926 posts, read 10,314,271 times
Before you pull the trigger, make sure you ask about and get full disclosure on the CDD and the HOA. On the plus side, impact fees are supposed to go down on new construction.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 PM

2,719 posts, read 4,403,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD131 View Post
I am a resident in Connerton with my wife and daughter. We moved into the community approximately 4 years ago. Unfortunately, we were people that lost the value you spoke of in your post. However, if I could do it over again, I would. Both Connerton's former and current ownership have dedicated themselves to keeping up the appearance of the community in spite of the lackluster sales in the market as a whole. That commitment makes me feel more secure as a homeowner.

To answer your question regarding whether the community will ever recover; my guess is, Yes. Home prices are at historic lows at this time. Buying at or near the bottom of the market would put you in an incredible position regarding the future value of your home. You can look at it this way, Connerton will eventually have upwards of 8,500 homes once the community is completed. Currently, there are only about 250 completed homes within it. As is typical, the market will cycle and values will most likely rise. If your move to Connerton is intended to be a long-term move, then it would be hard to make the determination that it would be a bad move.

My suggestion is to come on in! The community is FANTASTIC. I would be happy to speak to you at greater length if you would like. You can reach me at rnrdombrowski@gmail.com or call (813) 944-7804.
You are actually a realtor--nothing wrong with that since I know many that has the realtor mark and even their name disclosed since they have nothing to hide. How about disclosing that so there is perspective on what you are commenting here?

OP, make sure you understand what you are getting into such as what Karen posted above.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 AM

23 posts, read 61,817 times
Has anyone heard anything new on Connerton?

My wife and I really love this area and the feel of the neighborhood. We really loved the West Park Village/Westchase feel when we rented there and we came to find out that the original developers from Westchase created Connerton as well (without the Westchase pricetag). I know they pulled out and another company came in to "finish their vision" but haven't heard much since then.
We have found a few homes we are really interested in but my only conern is if the area will actually get finished? I know they are currently attempting to sell new homes but the place still looks like it has a long way off until completion. Any input would be appreciated!

Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 AM

41 posts, read 81,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemFL View Post
Has anyone heard anything new on Connerton?

My wife and I really love this area and the feel of the neighborhood. We really loved the West Park Village/Westchase feel when we rented there and we came to find out that the original developers from Westchase created Connerton as well (without the Westchase pricetag). I know they pulled out and another company came in to "finish their vision" but haven't heard much since then.
We have found a few homes we are really interested in but my only conern is if the area will actually get finished? I know they are currently attempting to sell new homes but the place still looks like it has a long way off until completion. Any input would be appreciated!

My wife and I are moving to Connerton in 2 weeks from Ohio. We found a home there that we are going to rent for 6 months. During that time, we are going to try to find a home to buy assuming that we like it there and assuming we get some positive feedback on the questions your wondering about. We really like it there as well, but we have the same concerns you do. It seems to have a lot of potential though. I think it will be completed....eventually! The realtor we have been working with actually lives in Connerton. Of course, his opinion is probably slightly biased, but he seems to think that in time, it will be finished and very very nice!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 PM

357 posts, read 699,566 times
Here's an interesting drive-through filming of the Connerton development:

YouTube - Florida real estate crash #82. Connerton - a HALL OF SHAME road-to-nowhere in Pasco County!

Old 02-17-2012, 04:15 AM

2 posts, read 10,112 times
we are looking at homes in connerton now- any info on the cdd situation also why are the hoa fees so high triple any of the others we have seen

Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times
Because of all the non-payers others have to pay more and there is no way of knowing if they will go up or not until they disclose it at a meeting and nothing can be done if the HOA decides to increase the HOA fees.

That is killing home values also, because the higher the HOA/CDD the less people will buy...

Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 AM

23 posts, read 61,817 times
You can check Connerton's website for any questions about the HOA/CDD. We only pay around $80 a month for the HOA fees. With all the houses getting scooped up out here, we aren't too worried about the development not getting finished. You can check some housing websites and see all the recently sold properties in Connerton. I think Connerton will be an amazing community, in the meantime we really enjoy the neighborhood and all the friendly people who live there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay