U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM

4 posts, read 82,916 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to North St. Petersburg in 2 weeks and am looking into purchasing furniture for my apartment. Are there any discount mattress/bedding stores that you recommend in the area? Also, I've heard that flea markets are a great place to get good furniture cheap - is this true? If so, can you direct me on where to go? My 1st priority is a bed however, then it will be a couch to put in the living room. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 AM

84 posts, read 326,485 times
Personally, I like to check out estate sales (not garage sales). I have a theory about the two. Garage sales are sales where people are trying to move their old junk out. Sure, you can get a good deal at garage sales, IF you find something useful to you. However, estate sales are usually entire households of items, where the occupant has passed-on, and you can usually get your pick of most anything in the entire household (if you arrive early enough).

Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,616,544 times
Im not sure I would buy a used mattress....but hrere is a Sticks n Stuff on Gandy Blvd, about a mile east of Westshore Blvd in Tampa.

You can find bed frames, beds at lots of consignment shops and thrift stores in the area(There is a Goodwill on Gandy Blvd in St. Pete-HUGE). There is also a large consignment shop next to Sticks n Stuff(Triage Consignments).

Other than that..look at craigslist.com, people trying to get rid of lots for cheap.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:50 PM

4,500 posts, read 6,560,485 times
Agree with Tampaguy. Triage Consignments would be a great place to buy a couch for your living room.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:50 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,018,470 times
I actually got a good deal on a bed at Mattress Firm on MLK - up by Gandy - and they delivered the same day! In fact, they were waiting for me when I got home from the store. Wild. (their warehouse was closer to my apartment than the store was)

Old 07-25-2007, 10:58 AM

7 posts, read 25,524 times
Cool Discount Stores!

You may want to try BIG LOTS! They have awesome cheap furniture and other houshold items. I love that store. And the furniture is very nicely made it won't fall apart on you.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 AM

16 posts, read 58,794 times
Kimber,
Check out American Signature at Park Blvd. and U.S. 19. Great furniture and also a great clearance room. We also have a location at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich Rd. in Tampa. Quality furniture at an affordable price. Casajo

Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 10,720 times
Macy's has a furniture and mattress clearance center in Tampa, Brandon and Bradenton.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 AM

3,283 posts, read 4,662,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber8 View Post
I will be relocating to North St. Petersburg in 2 weeks and am looking into purchasing furniture for my apartment. Are there any discount mattress/bedding stores that you recommend in the area? Also, I've heard that flea markets are a great place to get good furniture cheap - is this true? If so, can you direct me on where to go? My 1st priority is a bed however, then it will be a couch to put in the living room. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
if you have the time, EBAY!!! best selection, best deals, in some cases better quality and less of your bucks end up with the MAN!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,429 times
Default searching for furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber8 View Post
Hi Kimber,
On us 19 north in saint petersburg there is a furniture liquidators that is reasonable. They are located at 4601 34th street north or us 19 north (which is the same road) in Saint Petersburg and on their sign on google maps it's showing a queen size mattress set for 199.00 at the moment. I don't know what your looking to get they're pretty inexpensive it's not quality furniture it is new though otherwise there are salvation army stores along with goodwill good luck on your move hope this helps out. Oh we do have a few flea markets here you could go to also one on US 19 north in clearwater and one on park blvd called the wagon wheel. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by madbill; 11-19-2011 at 09:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or