Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,488,603 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and 4 year old daughter live in Baton Rouge la right now and have to move back to Florida to be closer to family member who has cancer. WE used to live in FT Myers and grew to HATE it! WE had looked 3 years ago at living in the Palm Harbor area, but chose Baton Rouge instead. Now that we are moving back, we were wondering how it has changed at all. Is the illegal immigration a big problem. I felt like a foreighner in my own country in FT Myers. What activities are there for 5 year old children? How are the school, private and public. My daughter attends private here. There are tons and tons of childrens' palces here and things to do. How family friendly in the Palm Harbor-Tarpon area/ Thnaks for yout input. Also. housing prices. What could we get for 250,000-300,000?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 12:21 PM

471 posts, read 1,660,680 times
Palm harbor is family friendly, the schools are considered some of the best in Pinellas Co.
Illegal immigration is not a problem to my knowledge. The Hispanic population is only about 3.5%.
There is a ton of real estate for sale here. You should be able to get nice housing for that price range.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,488,603 times
Default good

Thanks for your reply! I am just curious about the area in general.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:32 PM

5 posts, read 9,658 times
I moved to Palm Harbor from Long Island because it didn't seem like America anymore. I miss NYC but LOVE Palm Harbor. This is close to the water & great oppurtunities. I got transfered away a few months ago but Palm Harbor is my favorite place. I hope to go back in a few years but now I must sell my house. The Quality of life is SOOO much better.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Keeper; 09-23-2007 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM

8 posts, read 17,229 times
hi...I'm sure by now you've gotten the answers to all your questions, however, thought I'd also give you my input. Palm Harbor is a large area that is both east and west of Lake Tarpon and each is very different. The "East Lake" area is somewhat newer and more secluded; the side west of the lake is a bit more congested due mostly to the commercial development off of US 19. Schools here are "A" rated....however, at least at this moment, school "Choice" may limit where your children would be admitted (this applied to the entire county), so I would suggest that you look into the Pinellas County Educational website for more details. Regarding prices of homes, they vary...however prices are quite good for buyers right now. In Lansbrook, a golf course community, for example, several of the smaller homes (3 or 4 bedrooms and 2 or 3 baths) can be purchased for under 400K including a pool and 2 or 3 car garage. You really have many choices in Palm Harbor and yes, it is a very family-friendly area.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:08 PM

5 posts, read 20,440 times
Default Congestion

It's funny..I live over by Alt 19....I consider every thing east of Belcher congested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: