U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 AM

5 posts, read 7,557 times
Default Moving to Tampa from Cincinnati, OH I need apt help!

My boyfriend and I will be moving to Tampa. I have been trying to do some research on apartments, but it is hard to tell if any of these places would be good. My job is next to TPA and I will be working very early mornings(4-5am) during the week and weekend. Commute time idealy would be 20-25 mins, but if I need to go a little farther for a nice place I would do it.

I would like a 1 or 2 bedroom. If some utilities were included that would be wonderful. We live in Cincinnati, OH and pay $645 a month, I could probably go up to $7-750. I have found one apartment complex, Inwood Park Apt Homes (4747 West Waters Avenue Tampa, FL 33614) that looks nice, any thoughts on good areas or other suggestions for apartments? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 03:17 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,860,853 times
I know someone who used to live in those apartments a few years ago. It's a bit shady, and those apartments were really outdated. The area as a whole isn't bad. That's not the ghetto by any means. But you can get more for your money a little further north in Carrollwood or west in Westchase. I'd suggest adding a few more minutes to your drive and getting into a better apartment. Be sure to check craigslist as a lot of apartments went condo when that was the thing to do and you may find a private owner with a nice rental.

Anywhere with quick access to the Veteran's Expressway will get you to TPA pretty quick, especially at 4-5am. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 AM

495 posts, read 771,255 times
What does next to TPA mean?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,860,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innertuber View Post
What does next to TPA mean?
TPA is the airport code for Tampa International.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM

13,545 posts, read 22,441,961 times
The only place I know that includes utilities is Colonial Village in S. Tampa. Apts are older but they are also bigger than some newer ones. They do not advertise and it is not gated if that is important to you. You would be about 15 minutes to TPA at that hour of the AM.

There are also a lot of older apts in S. Tampa (north of Gandy) that do not advertise online and are smaller complexes in your price range. You just have to drive around and look for signs that they are renting.

Carrollwood is also a nice area. There are a few apts off of Hillsborough and Veterans exp that are nice. You can always ask here if you are unsure of the area.

There are some areas you do not want to live in..

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 PM

Thanks for all the great info! I am looking at a condo that is for rent in Carrollwood, the address is 8653 W Mallard Reserve Drive. Does anyone know anything about this community?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Does anyone know anything about either of these communities?

4910 W Gandy Blvd #F 33611
or
8653 W Mallard Reserve Drive

Old 04-02-2011, 01:54 PM

14 posts, read 12,615 times
We moved here from Cincinnati two weeks ago and we love it here. The whole family: us, kids, dogs.

We live in East Clearwater just south of Safety Harbor. I don't know anything about apartments, but I love Safety Harbor. It has an old-fashioned Main Street. It's a cool small town right on Tampa Bay.

TPA is just across the Courtney Cambell Causeway. I'm not sure how long the Causeway is (10-12 miles or so), but it's a beautiful drive.

I recommend this area, but not too far into Clearwater because Gulf-To-Bay Blvd. is a real bear (like a long Beechmont Avenue).

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay