U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM

5 posts, read 6,063 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I currently live in Riverview, but he got into school at 7200 66th St N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781, so we would like to move to be closer to his school. We are looking in South Tampa, St. Petersburg, or eastern Clearwater. Here is the rest of the details:

Where is your employment and the hours you will be working? He will be going to school from 8-5 at the address above and I work from 8-5 at the University of Tampa.

What is your budget for housing. Do you want to rent or buy?
We would like to rent an apartment or condo. We would like to pay under $1250 a month, have more than 1170 sq ft, 2 bdrm/2 baths, a place with a pool and hot tub on the property.

Are schools a concern?
No

What is an acceptable commute time?
Under 30 minutes most days- I can live with longer once and awhile.

What else is important to you?
Honestly, we are just looking for suggestions on where to be looking. We really liked Bay Park Apartments in Clearwater, but it didn't get very good reviews online and it doesn't have a hot tub. Mandalay on 4th has the same layout, so we are going to look at those, but they are a bit more expensive (still in our budget) for the same thing, but they have a hot tub. Are there other suggestions of places of this caliber to look at? We like that they have granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms and a large patio.

Last edited by jpawelko; 03-28-2011 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 PM

No one wants to help me. sad.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,914 times
I am moving to the same area in approx 1 year , as my son will be attending university of south florida...have wanted to move to the clearwater,sarasota,st pete area etc for years , and im starting my research now , as to avoid having to move again once i get there!! im an RN so the job issue will be handled later...also planning a trip down after the first of 2012...sounds a bit "pre-mature" to some im sure...but i want this move to be my last LOL...currently live in myrtle beach sc ( and it is a slum!! very poor living conditions,education opportunities and pay here) any advise,help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:26 PM

471 posts, read 1,512,679 times
OP, I don't know anything about the apts. you mentioned, but have you looked at apts. in feather sound? It's been several years, but we did see some very nice places, I think it was in audubon.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 AM

I have looked in Feather Sound. Everything I have seen around there hasn't been kept very up to date (looks run down) and doesn't have the square footage we are looking at. I didn't realize that moving from Brandon to St. Petes would be so different. In Brandon, most apartments include water/sewer/trash and you get a decent sized place. In St. Petes it is like pulling teeth to find something comparable. We are still searching for the perfect place!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 AM

I'd also be happy to rent a house, townhouse or condo in the area as well.
We have looked in Clearwater, Largo, St. Petes and Pinellas Park and have found nothing comparable to our current place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or