U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:54 PM

568 posts, read 496,082 times

Advertisements

Seriously this place seems real bad. Average income for the cities is among the poorest in America for any city. Crime is about as bad as it can get for a nearly all white area and because so many residents are elderly I can only imagine how much worse the crime would be if the average age of residents was a normal age for America. What's going on here? And I want more than just "the economy is terrible". Most of the similar places in the panhandle have very little crime and a lot of them are even poorer so what's the real deal with West Pasco?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:34 AM

3,599 posts, read 2,567,986 times
Simple ,most all the old people that moved here from around 1973 - 1980 have died off. From what i hear Westport was a great place to live in the 80's. So now all the old people's homes were bought and are now being rented out to low class people. I'm not saying every rented home is a drug dealer, but there is plenty of drug dealing in this area.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 11,356,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Seriously this place seems real bad. Average income for the cities is among the poorest in America for any city. Crime is about as bad as it can get for a nearly all white area and because so many residents are elderly I can only imagine how much worse the crime would be if the average age of residents was a normal age for America. What's going on here? And I want more than just "the economy is terrible". Most of the similar places in the panhandle have very little crime and a lot of them are even poorer so what's the real deal with West Pasco?
Your post makes no sense. You say income is among the poorest in America for any city but then say that cities in the panhandle are poorer.

Try posting some stats to back up your post of how bad you think it is. I drive through the area ever day without a care. You would think that if crime was so terrible I would be going through with my windows rolled up or take another route.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM

608 posts, read 978,542 times
Quote:
This question as well as all your other posts do not even rate the dignity of a response. Your tone, sounds like you are intolerant.

Why don't you volunteer and try to help folks who are in need rather than try to avoid them? Help make West Pasco a better place to live rather than avoid and castigate them?

Old 03-30-2011, 06:37 AM

495 posts, read 803,673 times
I'm with Mike - drive thru daily and never even considered it as FLA17 stated it to be. Next time I will drive thru with my eyes open to check it out.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 AM

436 posts, read 626,026 times
It's just an undesirable area. It's not really dangerous, provided you're not involved with the drug dealers yourself. There's a reason the property taxes and housing costs are much lower in Pasco. The more desirable an area the higher the cost of living.

It's absurd to call West Pasco a ghetto, though. I'll take you on some road trips to real ghettos.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,327,551 times
Quote:
I live in West Pasco. I leave my windows open (in cooler weather). I go to a neighbor's house and leave my doors unlocked. I let my child play outside with her friends. I have NEVER worried about my safety or the safety of my child.

Do you have more specific areas you are talking about? There are some bad areas just like there are bad areas in South Pinellas and Hillsborough. You sound too much like CHASLS2 when you make sweeping generalizations like the one above. It is hard to take seriously. It is kind of like saying that all of Iowa is dangerous because I saw on the news that there was a hit and run one time.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM

2,602 posts, read 4,565,303 times
There's nothing scary about West Pasco. Parts are rundown, sprawly, and could even be called suburban blight, but there's nothing scary about it.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:27 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,868,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Do you have more specific areas you are talking about? There are some bad areas just like there are bad areas in South Pinellas and Hillsborough. You sound too much like CHASLS2 when you make sweeping generalizations like the one above. It is hard to take seriously. It is kind of like saying that all of Iowa is dangerous because I saw on the news that there was a hit and run one time.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,096,855 times
Quote: "Is West Pasco county the scariest white ghetto in America?"

It is not. And the fact that you felt the urge to ask the question is a direct reflection of your ignorance on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay