U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

936 posts, read 2,215,658 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Palm Harbor area. We were wondering what the quality of life is in Pinnellas County? Are there a lot of gangs, illigal immigrants, rough kids with nothing to do but sell and do drugs? Also, are there a lot of friendly people? Is it really transient? We are moving from Baton Rouge La and the kids here have the best manner I have ever seen, also, lots to keep children busy here, so were wondering of it is the same there. With LSU here also, the kids have a lot of sport related thing to keep them busy. Any input would help. Also, what can we get for 300,000 as far as ahome is concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 AM

84 posts, read 350,687 times
Hi Caa,

I don't think you have anything to worry about in Palm Harbor w/ drugs or gangs and the like. Palm Harbor is a really nice area and you will love it here. What area of Palm Harbor are you looking at? East or west of US 19? I was born and raised around here and LOVE living here!

Last edited by Jammie; 08-03-2007 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: "I'm a realtor here" is not allowed

Old 08-01-2007, 07:04 AM

Oh, btw, there is a Celebration Station and a ChuckECheese within about 10 minutes of Palm Harbor and Dunedin has a community center w/ all kinds of programs for kids during the summer & school year! There is always something to do down here in Pinellas County! Just let me know what you have questions about

Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Smile thanks

Hey back to dunedingrl. WE would love to find a nice 3 bedroom+den/office. Family frienldy neighborhood only(not a lot of seniors) 2+bathrooms. WE are very friendly people from Louisiana, so nice area is a must. What about private Christian schools? Our daughter goes to private school here and would like to continue with her religious education. WE are also concerned with transient type area. Home no older than 10 years, can be brand new as well.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 PM

Talking North Pinellas County Info

Hi,

There are christian schools everywhere down here. I went to St. Raphael's as a child and then a private school for high school and they are definitely MUCH better than public schools here. I don't know if I would send my kids to many of the public schools in Pinellas. Do you have a zip code that you are trying to stay near or is there family you want to be close to (or far away from depending on the family...ha ha)

There are nice neighborhoods that are new, modern, secure, safe, and very well maintained. County parks close by, top of the line library system, beaches, dog parks, open areas, and community programs for kids. Old fashioned movies in the park, green markets, craft fairs, art shows, all kinds of live music and everything else you could imagine. Just give me an area and I will show you some of the homes that are in your price range and a great community I think you would love. Just let me know how I can help!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:36 AM

657 posts, read 1,631,823 times
hi dunedingirl,
i have been reading these posts every morning. yours are so positive. ive looked up dunedin and it seems very nice. is it scary so close to the water during the hurricane season? is it expensive? seems to be the main complaint im reading about. i love the sarasota area. Im from CT, things here are expensive too.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:22 AM

Default hey-Dunedin

I also like the Dunedina rea! I was thinking Palm Harbor but like Dunedin. WE want a home around 300,000, 3+ bedroom and 2+ bath. Would that be reasonable in a really nice family(no seniors pleae) neighborhood. Are there lots of kids in that area? We are just nervous about moving and hoping to be there early next year. ANY input from anyone would help!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
hi dunedingirl,
i have been reading these posts every morning. yours are so positive. ive looked up dunedin and it seems very nice. is it scary so close to the water during the hurricane season? is it expensive? seems to be the main complaint im reading about. i love the sarasota area. Im from CT, things here are expensive too.
Hi hdzup,

I am so positive because I love it here and I hate seeing people bad mouth everything. Life is what you make it, if you can't find something positive about living in paradise than that is sad

I don't worry too much about hurricanes....I was born and raised here and have never been hit really hard. Yes, it is possible but I could slip in the shower and die and that is much more likely than a hurricane. Have a good evecuation plan, discuss it w/ your family and get the hell out of dodge if you see something coming. We have some close calls but other places have gotten hit instead of us. When we had all the hurricanes a couple of years ago one of them was headed STRAIGHT at us but in the last few hours it turned and hit Orlando. That is smack dab in the middle of the state....

Every place has it's good or bad, you just have to find the good! People pay thousands of $$$ to come here for a week and I live here everyday. It probably isn't any more expensive than anywhere else, it just depends. You can get a nice home for $250,000 and you could get a little fixer upper for $175,000, so I don't think that is horrible. I lived in Sarasota and it wasn't one of my favorite places but I LOVE Dunedin and this area and if you ever need info, just let me know......

Life is good!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM

657 posts, read 1,631,823 times
im working on that attitude myself, because of all the negetive in the world i have myself become a very negetive person. focus on just the bad.
i realize when i look at the big picture... my life is great. i am so lucky to have all that i do but yet everyone who has it all wants more. the buck stops here! i will defenately try to visit dunedin next time i visit.
thanx sooo much.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:12 AM

112 posts, read 449,859 times
You will enjoy living in Dunedin or Palm Harbor. Both are north county and plenty for kids to do. lots of churchs down here as well. Plenty of sports year round for the kids to participate in. Those are smaller cities. The big 3 cities in Tampa Bay are Tampa, St.Petersburg, and Clearwater. So you are close to all 3 and should enjoy living down here in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or