Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM

36 posts, read 72,977 times

Advertisements

Can you please tell me about this area? I noticed it's about 45 mins from downtown, but they have some nice apartments there that I'd love to look at. I'm definitely going to go check it out, but want to hear opinions as to what the area is like. I've heard it's the "boonies" or the "country" but, I'm guessing that's what people would probably say about where I live now. (Bucks County, PA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM

769 posts, read 2,050,842 times
How much are they and how far into Zephyrhills? Your commute can be way more than 45 minutes depending on where it is.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
I do not recommend Z-Hills. Of course it depends what you are looking for. I am a Tampa native, lived all over the Bay area including 12 years in the small town of Dade City just north of Z-hills. Dade City is a rural town, very beautiful with rolling hills. Z-hills has no hills, it is and always has been a retirement town for mostly lower-income retirees from the midwest. Lots of trailers. There is nothing much there. The tiny downtown is dead - Dade City by contrast has a charming small town that is always vibrant for such a little town. I find Zephyrhills to be devoid of any charm.

Now to be fair, in recent years some newer nicer developments have gone in, and if you don't mind living away from city amenities it might be for you. You have all the requisite big box stores and groceries nearby. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean that you won't, but this is my perspective on it. If you like small rural towns, Dade City is worlds better, IMO.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 AM

494 posts, read 1,676,256 times
Was a retirement spot along a road. Not a whole lot more. It's grown quite a bit over the past 10 years, but again I agree, landscape between Dade City and 41 is much "prettier". Just seems whatever you are after there are other alternatives unless maybe you want to be able to walk to the doctor.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 27,150 times
I personally like Land O Lakes or Wesley Chapel better. Check those places out.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:53 PM

Land o Lakes/ Wesley Chapel = $1,200 for a 2 bedroom = not in my price range

Providence at Zephyr Ridge Apartments (this is the property I was looking at in Zephyrhills) = Looks really really nice, $850/month for a 2 bed 2 bath 1,200 sq. ft. but of course want to make sure it's in a decent area of town. Can someone tell me if this is maybe closer to a nicer area, since the apartments are so new and nice?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampafromPhilly View Post
Land o Lakes/ Wesley Chapel = $1,200 for a 2 bedroom = not in my price range

Providence at Zephyr Ridge Apartments (this is the property I was looking at in Zephyrhills) = Looks really really nice, $850/month for a 2 bed 2 bath 1,200 sq. ft. but of course want to make sure it's in a decent area of town. Can someone tell me if this is maybe closer to a nicer area, since the apartments are so new and nice?
You can rent a 3 bedroom house in Wesley Chapel for $1000 a month in some areas (ie Bridgewater) and you would be saving money on gas because it is closer to downtown. Heck you can buy one right now and have a mortgage around $900 if there is no high CDD.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:15 PM

NewYorker, I haven't seen a house for rent in WC for less than 1300-1500. Shoot, most of the ones I see for that price are townhouses. If you happen to know of any personally or know of any websites I should be looking at, please shoot them my way. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Do a search on Craig's List. There are several.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:26 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
Z-hills isn't anything spectacular. Most of it consists of sprawly developments, but Downtown Zephyrhills isn't that bad. There are a few restaurants and an old downtown movie theater that still shows first-run movies at an unbelievable price: $3. Still, Dade City is Pasco County's crown jewel; it's worlds away from West Pasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay