Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I really wouldnt spend half a second on any board complaining, ever. complaining is waisted energy I could be focusing towards making my life better. I am truly baffled by people who spend time discussing things on an internet forum that they dont like. Seems counter-productive to living a happy, healthy life.

There are fat, rude people everywhere from everywhere. It just seems there is a concentration of them in the midwest. People who are in the midwest and cant stand living a life of mediocrity tend to escape to places out of the middle of the country.

I agree everyone has the right to like and dislike things. Difference between others and me is that I have no filter. I'll call people fat and ugly and boring, mostly because it is true. This bothers people with filters becuase they are shocked by my brashness.

algia- I am not saying you are fat, ugly, or boring, nor am I saying that about rezfreak (which I thought was a female. If a dude complains like that, it is instant man-card revocation). There are exceptions to every rule. I thought you were from Europe anyway?
<< I am from Europe, I liked the "man card" thing...hahahahaha

You know what my comment was on the Royal Wedding? how nice it was to see ppl NOT spilling our of their clothes and I am not talking about the ppl IN the wedding...I'm talking about the general population....

I have no filter either ....LOL

To the OP, I don't think moving out of Tampa is going to be the answer to your problem. People who move to FL are in 3 categories:
1. "Runways" from the cold, (or other problems, not making enough money to thrive up north) therefore all they care about is the lack of snow we have here and act like jerks about it driving like crazy etc
2. "Entitled" the ones who think "moving to Florida" was the Ultimate goal of their success (what?) and will frown upon you holding the door for someone else while they are behind you huffing and puffing because you are standing in their way. (These are the kind that live here where I do)
3. "The Retired" who, well, are retired...and we shall leave it to that as we will all get there if we're lucky.

In the middle of all this if you look really hard you may find some nice patches but you have to dig deep. Florida is not known for it's "friendly, common sense like" population unfortunately. I suggest you look north, like PA...or west like Montana...gorgeous scenery and REALLY nice ppl.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
The OP has one post, still. I think they forgot their password.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
You missed a few types of people:

1. People who moved to Fl for a better quality of life.

2. People who moved to Fl for a lower cost of living/

3. People who moved to Fl knowing well that its hot and humid in the summer months and accept it for what it is.

4. People who moved to Fl and know that the salaries are less, know they wont be paying as much taxes. And are quite pleased with their decision.

5. People who moved to Fl, who realize they hate it and go to internet sites to complain complain and complain more, but never leave.

6. People who moved to Fl who think their poop doesn't stink.

7. People who moved to Fl who expect Fl to be everything for them
when it's not.

8. People who moved to Fl who had bad attitudes, were nasty and rude in their hometowns and still have bad attitudes, still are nasty and rude and will never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
<< I am from Europe, I liked the "man card" thing...hahahahaha

You know what my comment was on the Royal Wedding? how nice it was to see ppl NOT spilling our of their clothes and I am not talking about the ppl IN the wedding...I'm talking about the general population....

I have no filter either ....LOL

To the OP, I don't think moving out of Tampa is going to be the answer to your problem. People who move to FL are in 3 categories:
1. "Runways" from the cold, (or other problems, not making enough money to thrive up north) therefore all they care about is the lack of snow we have here and act like jerks about it driving like crazy etc
2. "Entitled" the ones who think "moving to Florida" was the Ultimate goal of their success (what?) and will frown upon you holding the door for someone else while they are behind you huffing and puffing because you are standing in their way. (These are the kind that live here where I do)
3. "The Retired" who, well, are retired...and we shall leave it to that as we will all get there if we're lucky.

In the middle of all this if you look really hard you may find some nice patches but you have to dig deep. Florida is not known for it's "friendly, common sense like" population unfortunately. I suggest you look north, like PA...or west like Montana...gorgeous scenery and REALLY nice ppl.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM

249 posts, read 883,013 times
Default Rude People

There are rude ignorant people every where.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM

You think that's bad. I was on Long Island a couple of years ago. I parked in a metered spot, about 7 p.m. I asked the lady standing in front of a hair salon who was out there smoking a cigarette "What time do they stop enforcing the meters?".

She looked at me like I just shot her husband dead, threw her cigarette on the ground and stormed back inside the store.

In Queens, NY, I went to a laundry mat with a $5 bill. I asked for quarters for their machines. I was told "we don't have quarters, go to the bank". The bank wouldn't help me because I was not a customer there.

Also in Queens NY, my wife asked to use a restroom in a store she was shopping at and was told the "rest room is out of order".

I have never had any of those problems in FL.

And some say FL is unfriendly. Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
Where is this utopia of politeness in the Midwest with golden harps? In Michigan I asked a gas station attendent for directions to a well known nearby place and the guy responded " I don't know how to get there, (obviously a lie) but I can give you directions to the nearest Greyhound bus station". They weren't much better in Indiana either.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:45 PM

I am a veteran myself, USN. I got stationed on Okinawa Japan. At first, I didn't care much for it. Then I learned to deal with the local people and I found out it was a great place to be. I was sorry I had to leave.

I have protected your freedom of speech before you were born.

You aren't protecting anything. Your husband is. And I thank him for his service.

Last edited by Keeper; 05-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: removed deleted quote

Old 05-03-2011, 12:47 PM

What bugs me is when I leave room for someone to pull in to the traffic flow and they sit there and look at me like I am from Mars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumermarie View Post
Not sure if its restrictive to northerners or the declining society as a whole but I tried to let one woman into traffic as we were at a red light and she says to me, "Where the F am I supposed to go you stupid *****!" btw There was plenty of space for her to pull out into the lane, I know because I gave her enough room.

As I'm looking at her the light changes and she pulls out in front of me giving me the finger as she drives off.

That was probably the first and hopefully last time in my life that I got cussed out for being courteous enough to let someone pull into traffic.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
You forgot one other, very important one

Forced move for military, for those of us who are protecting your freedom of speech
I spent 7+ years in the Army, I didnt complain a fraction of what you complain when I was in Iraq. I know countless soldiers that couldnt even dream of being stationed somewhere like Tampa.

So get off your high horse, your complaining and pulling the military thing is pretty pathetic. There are a lot of veterans on this board who went to a lot of places far worse than tampa and kept their mouths shut and proudly served their country. Sometimes selfless service means having to live in aweful tampa bay, near some of the best beaches in the country and an hour from theme parks people from around the world come to.

I couldnt even imagine having a soldier that complains as much as you. We used to smoke them until they didnt have the energy to complain anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I am a veteran myself, USN. I got stationed on Okinawa Japan. At first, I didn't care much for it. Then I learned to deal with the local people and I found out it was a great place to be. I was sorry I had to leave.

I have protected your freedom of speech before you were born.

You aren't protecting anything. Your husband is. And I thank him for his service.
Holy crap. I didnt even realize it wasnt her that was serving. Figured it would be a family member to pull out that line. Not that they dont make sacrifices, but come on...

I cant rep you... I just tried. I have to spread some around, but there are only a few people that deserve reps around here.

Last edited by Keeper; 05-03-2011 at 02:37 PM..

Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Can't rep you either . Too many.

Yeah, I could imagine what they would say if they were stationed in Turkey,
Adak Alaska, Guam, Graf Ignatievo, Diego Garcia, Honduras, Bosnia, Wake Island.

They'd be crying to go to Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post

Holy crap. I didnt even realize it wasnt her that was serving. Figured it would be a family member to pull out that line. Not that they dont make sacrifices, but come on...

I cant rep you... I just tried. I have to spread some around, but there are only a few people that deserve reps around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay