Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM

115 posts, read 267,335 times

Advertisements

My wife may be getting a relocation to Tampa in the next 1 to 2 months. She gave the zip where the job is located 33614. So what would be a good area to live in for a family of 4, not to big of a drive commute for someone new to the city, with good high schools(daughter 9th and son 11th)?

Don't know anything about salary yet because I know Florida will be different in cost of living than where we are now? We will be renting. So we definitely will be needing a 3 bedroom.

Note:
On a side note, my wife got an email stating something to this affect; "[SIZE=2]Tampa coworkers have said to not look for housing in the immediate surrounding area of the Tampa RCC because it’s not a great area to live in." I just pondered why? Is it that bad living close by that area code?
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,655,241 times
I just looked at the map to see where 33614 is located. I am not too familiar with that particular area. My feeling is that it's not the best, not the worst. I would suggest looking into Carrollwood area (north of 33614), or Westchase (west of 33614.) How much driving can she handle? Further up, into Pasco County is some nice communities, though I am not sure of the quality of the schools.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 AM

Default Thanks

Once everything takes place. Her driving won't be a problem because I do a greater part of the driving especially since I am on UE at the moment, I will be driving her to work. Until I can hustle up on some tech work again. Thank you for your quick response. I will also, be asking a buddy of mine who is from Florida but, hasn't lived there since he was 25, but, he went to college there, when he lived there and his mother still lives there. I have to ask which part of Florida he lived in again but, I don't think it was Tampa.

Thanks again

Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM

133 posts, read 538,290 times
We live just north of Carrollwood is an area called Lutz and have been very pleased with the schools in this area. Our son is in 10th grade.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Default Good info..

It's official for the relocation. They will be flying us out to look for housing in June or July. I definitely need a house since I produce music. Then once we find that we will be heading out around the middle of August. My next mission will be finding a tech position something possibly for my background in Help Desk or Technical support. We are so excited because we've only lived in MO and KS.

Thanks to everyone who posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: