U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2011, 01:11 PM

75 posts, read 108,039 times
Default Going to our first Rays game. Have question?

Well we are going to our first Rays game and really excited and wondering a few things:

What is the cost for parking?

Does the stadium do anything early before the game starts? for kids? (I know at Chicago games they would sometimes have meet and greets early or do some events before the game?

Do they have any options to meet the players that you could pay an additional fee for?

Thanks in advance,
Eric.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 01:18 PM

51 posts, read 62,527 times
I know occasionally they have post game concerts if you're into Darius Rucker or various other state fair-esque bands.

Not sure about meet and greet type stuff with the players, but the ushers don't really check to make sure you're sitting in the correct section so you could always congregate behind the dugouts or by the bullpens during BP and try to nab some autographs. Also, you can make your way to the outfield seats and try to snag home run balls during BP.

Saying "hello" and introducing yourself to every other person in attendance would only take about 45 minutes or so....so, making a handful of new friends is another fun option.

Enjoy the game!

Old 05-05-2011, 01:21 PM

51 posts, read 62,527 times
Oh, not sure about the cost of parking, as I usually take the Pinellas Trail whenever I head down there, but I've heard if you have 4+ people in your car the parking fee is waived. Not sure how true that is though. If you don't mind walking a few blocks, you should be able to find free parking on or near the USF campus.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:55 PM

45 posts, read 50,231 times
It's true about the carpool thing. I usually go to games by myself or with another person. I park 4-5 blocks north of the stadium in a neighborhood on the street. It's free that way. My car has yet to be broken into.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM

817 posts, read 1,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjea0124 View Post
Well we are going to our first Rays game and really excited and wondering a few things:

What is the cost for parking?

Does the stadium do anything early before the game starts? for kids? (I know at Chicago games they would sometimes have meet and greets early or do some events before the game?

Do they have any options to meet the players that you could pay an additional fee for?

Thanks in advance,
Eric.
Parking is free if you have 4 or more people in your car. That number can include kids and even babies. Otherwise, I believe it's $10.

If you check the Rays website, it lists what all they do on game day as far as promos, etc. You usually want to go to the calendar schedule and see what is listed there. There's ALWAYS at least BP, at which kids can sometimes get autographs (by leaning over the railing, whatever). There's also some things that kids can do IN the stadium....there's a tank with rays in that you can get to and pet the rays...there's a batting cage (uses tennis balls, but it's fun)...there are other things like this on occasion, like face painting....picture posing with Rays game gear on...on the family fun days, after the game is over, they let kids on the field to run the bases.

I've never heard of the "pay to meet the players" thing...they may do it and I just don't know...but either way, it's an excellent idea...I'd call the ticket office, or fan info line, and see...if not, I'd suggest you write them a letter with that suggestion. I know this...the ownership really tries hard to make this a fan-friendly experience.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM

1,101 posts, read 933,353 times
Also, if you want to save a few bucks, you are allowed to bring in your own food and UNOPENED bottles of water/soda. For day games, I usually hit the Subway on the edge of the parking lot and head in with a sandwich and a soda.

If you want to visit the ray tank, get there early and get in line. They stop admitting people after a few innings.

matticus is taking his chances parking north of the stadium. I park a few blocks further on Central Ave for free and walk down the street. Well-lighted, lots of crowds, and no one is going to steal your car in front of the Acropolis.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:33 AM

10,784 posts, read 9,191,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casanova baby! View Post
Oh, not sure about the cost of parking, as I usually take the Pinellas Trail whenever I head down there, but I've heard if you have 4+ people in your car the parking fee is waived. Not sure how true that is though. If you don't mind walking a few blocks, you should be able to find free parking on or near the USF campus.
It's true, but it's not an all the time thing. I want to say it's only on weekends, but don't quote me on that.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:58 PM

124 posts, read 221,681 times
Uhm, 4+ people didn't get me free parking when we went for a White Sox-Rays game a couple weeks ago. It was $15.

Just a couple years ago, the attendance was so bad, that parking was free.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 AM

143 posts, read 185,835 times
You should check the Rays website for any events. We went to a Rays/Twins game and paid $10 to park in a field across from the ballpark (somewhere under an overpass). Lots of cops around so it was pretty safe. I understand that they charge higher prices when the Yanks or Red Soxs play so you may want to check the web site.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:38 AM

75 posts, read 108,039 times
Thanks for all the information everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay