Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:53 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

There is a wonderful invention called a "shopping cart". They have two large wheels and two small ones. They fold up for easy storage. They fold out and you can stack 6 full bags of groceries in it and wheel it away. Check your local hardware store. I am sure that Wal Mart, Target, etc carry them too.

This is a great idea for hauling books, groceries, anything really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Under 2 miles...considering the weather and what will you be carrying in your hands or back (backpack).....

How many miles can you carry say 2 gallons of milk in your hands in 90 degrees?

Or coming back from school, how long can you expect a 5 year old to walk with a back pack full of books etc?? what is reasonable considering the weather? downpours and all which sometimes come out of nowhere!?

Knew that about PHX.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
I have one, and I wouldn't even have to use it if the grocery store would have been within 2 miles and I had sidewalks...I could use the bike trailer.....we were talking about "what distance" is acceptable.....how many miles can you or will you carry that? 6, 10? my grocery store is in 4 miles but there are no sidewalks to get there, and so....I would have to carry that through grass and heavy traffic...This was an "IF" situation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
There is a wonderful invention called a "shopping cart". They have two large wheels and two small ones. They fold up for easy storage. They fold out and you can stack 6 full bags of groceries in it and wheel it away. Check your local hardware store. I am sure that Wal Mart, Target, etc carry them too.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:

A grandmothers cart!!Loved those things in New York! When it snowed we would take the cart and schlep to the Waldbaums (grocery) over the snow piles!!Funny when your young what things seem like fun!!

Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
I have one, and I wouldn't even have to use it if the grocery store would have been within 2 miles and I had sidewalks...I could use the bike trailer.....we were talking about "what distance" is acceptable.....how many miles can you or will you carry that? 6, 10? my grocery store is in 4 miles but there are no sidewalks to get there, and so....I would have to carry that through grass and heavy traffic...This was an "IF" situation....
Schools was the most important factor when we moved here too! You mean to tell me you couldn't find an area that had good schools and was close to shopping

Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Yes! A granny cart! We too shelped groceries in it for blocks. Winter and summer and all in between. Beat the daylights out of carrying bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
A grandmothers cart!!Loved those things in New York! When it snowed we would take the cart and schlep to the Waldbaums (grocery) over the snow piles!!Funny when your young what things seem like fun!!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Well, you picked the place you live. You should have considered things like the fact that there are not sidewalks there. You should have consideredi it was 4 miles away. You should have considered these things especially since you don't like to drive. But you didn't and now its Florida's fault.

Quote:

Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM

357 posts, read 799,863 times
Food and the overall cost of living is indeed more expensive in Florida than most other parts of the country. There are exceptions, for example: the Northeast, some of the most populated US cities, Hawaii, California, and any other locations taken over by the people who were run out of California on a rail. If you'll notice, most firmly believe Florida has a low cost of living are those who spent most of their lives in the aforementioned locations!

You can find some good deals if you look around and get into extreme couponing....but think of how good these deals would be if you went on a coupon run in another state!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Do you have any links that back up your information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
Food and the overall cost of living is indeed more expensive in Florida than most other parts of the country. There are exceptions, for example: the Northeast, some of the most populated US cities, Hawaii, California, and any other locations taken over by the people who were run out of California on a rail. If you'll notice, most firmly believe Florida has a low cost of living are those who spent most of their lives in the aforementioned locations!

You can find some good deals if you look around and get into extreme couponing....but think of how good these deals would be if you went on a coupon run in another state!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Source: Florida Auto Insurance Quotes - Car Insurance Florida Quote - FL Auto Insurance

Average Tampa Car Insurance Quote: $2,102

According to the CarInsurance.com Premium Index, Tampa residents allot an average of $2,102 for car insurance -- 2.38 percent above the average rate in Hillsborough County, and 23.38 percent above the mean rate in Florida as a whole.
Various factors help generate your auto insurance rate, including driving experience, marital status, occupation and vehicle mileage. Your rate will differ by insurer, as well. Checking out car insurance rates from numerous insurers can be vital to obtaining a new, low rate.

[CENTER] Comparative rates across the country [/CENTER]
http://www.carinsurance.com/charts/ComparativeAverageChart_000012.png?95a6ea39-56d0-4584-9919-eaefc108c50c (broken link)

Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,181 times
Quote:
Source: Florida Auto Insurance Quotes - Car Insurance Florida Quote - FL Auto Insurance

Average Tampa Car Insurance Quote: $2,102

According to the CarInsurance.com Premium Index, Tampa residents allot an average of $2,102 for car insurance -- 2.38 percent above the average rate in Hillsborough County, and 23.38 percent above the mean rate in Florida as a whole.
Various factors help generate your auto insurance rate, including driving experience, marital status, occupation and vehicle mileage. Your rate will differ by insurer, as well. Checking out car insurance rates from numerous insurers can be vital to obtaining a new, low rate.

[CENTER] Comparative rates across the country [/CENTER]
Is that supposed to be an annual premium for one car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay