Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Well, while you're hibernating, think of places which would be worse that you could have been sent to and maybe sent to in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Not everyone has a choice where they go. You go where the military sends you.

I'll be hibernating indoors the next 5 months, I despise this heat.

Edit to add: Before you say "but you signed up for it", yes we did, but doesnt mean i have to like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 06:32 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Well, while you're hibernating, think of places which would be worse that you could have been sent to and maybe sent to in the future.
Yeah, think of San Diego, Naples, Guam, Rota, Germany ... horrible places lol.

But Spring, I'm with you on this ... 99% of all folks that move to Florida are fully aware that the summers are very humid & hot. It's the other things going on in their life that make them complain about the heat.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I was thinking of places like Eielson AFB in Alaka, Bagram AFB in Afghanistan, Graf Ignatievo in Bulgaria, Incirlik in Turkey or some other choice desitnations. You're probably right on the rest of it, the other things in their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Yeah, think of San Diego, Naples, Guam, Rota, Germany ... horrible places lol.

But Spring, I'm with you on this ... 99% of all folks that move to Florida are fully aware that the summers are very humid & hot. It's the other things going on in their life that make them complain about the heat.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I knew it would get hot, I think I just underestimated how long it lasted! I remember the first Halloween down here both my kids nearly had heatstroke from trick-or-treating in their costumes!! After that we made better choices of costumes!!LOL!
I know what you mean about Halloween. For my daughter's first Halloween, we had to shop at 6 stores before I was able to find a costume that wasn't a giant stuffed pumpkin, a head to toe puppy costume, etc. Those costumes may work up north, but not down here.

I do think that by Halloween, I am getting a bit tired of the heat and would like a break from it. Halloween is kind of my point where I would like the weather change. I am still fine in the heat. At that point I think I am just ready for a change.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
It definetly got hotter sooner this year than last year. Last year I didnt turn on my air conditioner until may 1, this year like April 17

Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
It definetly got hotter sooner this year than last year. Last year I didnt turn on my air conditioner until may 1, this year like April 17
True, but it got cooler sooner, too. It was already pretty nice before September was even over.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:05 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Looking back over 30 years of my weather records, around May 12th seems to be the first day we hit 90 on avg.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 PM

14 posts, read 24,652 times
Quote:
I was thinking of places like Eielson AFB in Alaka, Bagram AFB in Afghanistan, Graf Ignatievo in Bulgaria, Incirlik in Turkey or some other choice desitnations. You're probably right on the rest of it, the other things in their lives.

I was a door gunner on a UH-1 in Pleiku, South Vietnam for 2 years in '71, '72 - it was hot and humid, but there was plenty to take my mind off the weather

Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Quote:
You just dont quit do you?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I'd rather summer here than in Baghdad...I have relatives there and they are from here in FL. FL wins as the place to be hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay