U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

936 posts, read 2,210,801 times

Advertisements

I am scared to move from baton Rouge as it is SUPER friendly and the weather especially in winter is great. We have to move due to family illness, but really need some local opinions on Dunedin, Palm Harbor and Tarpon Springs. We have a 4 year old daughter and want to know about the private and public school systems, are there lots of children in these areas, how are the activities for kids, is there lots of play places. Also, is there lots of teens with the "rapper" looks etc? Crime rates too. Thanks. Also, does it get "cold" there in winter? WE enjoy cold weather-at least cooler weather in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 12:53 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,888,233 times
You have started 7 different threads about the same thing.
If you give people time to answer within one thread you will be able to post back to them and maybe get your answers.
Dunedin, Palm Harbor and Tarpon are good areas. The schools are very good in Palm Harbor I am not sure about the others.
There are many children and alot to do.
Any city in the nation even the richest areas you will find teens with the "rapper" look. Check the crime reports for the specific area you are looking into. Crime reports for countywide areas do not give any kind of indication how the area you are looking in is.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,459 times
I live in Tarpon Springs and have 2 pre-school aged children. The area is lovely with lots to do and it does get "chilly" in January and February. My children are not old enough for kindergarten, but I have heard a lot of differing opinions about the Pinellas County school system, some very good and some very bad. Where you live does not necessarily indicate where your child will go to school, and that can be a real problem for some people. Lots of private school around and a big home school co-op as well. Good luck!!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You have started 7 different threads about the same thing.
If you give people time to answer within one thread you will be able to post back to them and maybe get your answers.
Dunedin, Palm Harbor and Tarpon are good areas. The schools are very good in Palm Harbor I am not sure about the others.
There are many children and alot to do.
Any city in the nation even the richest areas you will find teens with the "rapper" look. Check the crime reports for the specific area you are looking into. Crime reports for countywide areas do not give any kind of indication how the area you are looking in is.
The problem with one thread is that when I go to look at the thread it is on page 5, which I feel at that point nobody will see it! That is the reson for the multiple threads!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM

471 posts, read 1,509,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
The problem with one thread is that when I go to look at the thread it is on page 5, which I feel at that point nobody will see it! That is the reson for the multiple threads!
The solution is not to start numerous new threads. If you don't get a response and the thread goes to page 2 or 3 you can just "bump" the original thread by replying and asking for help again.

People did respond to your threads, I responded to your very first thread, but instead of acknowledging that reply and keeping it on the first page you ignored it and a few days later started another one. People replied and again you started new threads. You asked the same questions and while perhaps you didn't mean to-the impression given was as if you were ignoring those who took the time to reply and the information you were given.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Default sorry

Please don't start an angument, I am new to this forum and did not know that it would be such a big deal, I do appreciate the feedback...

Old 08-07-2007, 06:14 AM

Default homes

Are all the homes in Dunedin old? I have a realtor looking for me in the 3 or 4 bedroom 2+ bath and all she has sent is homes that are old and run down looking? What can we get for 300,000 or so home in Dunedin? Any ideas from anyone?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 AM

84 posts, read 350,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
Are all the homes in Dunedin old? I have a realtor looking for me in the 3 or 4 bedroom 2+ bath and all she has sent is homes that are old and run down looking? What can we get for 300,000 or so home in Dunedin? Any ideas from anyone?

There are new & old homes available at that price range. There is not a huge amount of unbuilt land in this area so the homes are a bit older. There are a few new developments in Dunedin but they are in the 400-600k range. The homes may be older but are built strong and should be fine. Just get one that has been updated recently and you have the best of both worlds! I hope she finds you something nice, there are quite a few on the market right now....

Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,496,319 times
tarpon springs is fine too! I grew up there and went to their high school
The middle school isn't awesome. Actually my husband is from baton rouge louisiana and grew up in palm harbor.

What do you consider cold? It doesn't get very cold ...sunny (sometimes rainy) Christmas!

Also, I prefer block homes to newer homes...just keep your eyes open for updates in the older homes.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:02 AM

Default thanks

Thanks for the information. I think as far as I remember, that we liked Tarpon a bit better than Dunedin. I will keep my eyes open. To Kelly, did your husband like Baton Rouge, or was he young when he moved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or