U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,565,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Maybe this will help.
Hah. Just to point one thing out, the people who live in counties like Liberty, Calhoun, Jackson, Washington, and Gulf certainly aren't rich!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 PM

8,287 posts, read 8,141,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
Did you create it?
No, I'm not that talented! I'm surprised I was able to copy & paste it. I saw it on a blog. I think someone on another forum once posted it too, but I couldn't find the thread.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:36 AM

5,453 posts, read 4,042,456 times
WOOOW....

I couldn't do that...not for something that stays parked more...basically I couldn't stand the thought of dropping that much money a month and the car's not even mine!? I just can't do debt because you can never be sure you have your job tomorrow here in the US...back in EU, if you were a good employee you can expect a pension, here forget about it and then having that much debt over you plus interest never paying for items what they cost but ending up paying almost double when counting all that interest, OMG I couldn't live like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I was trading cars every 3 months back around 05 and was 10k upside down on the Vette at the time.

To the below post...that's a bit extreme don't you think? all these manicured lawns are disturbing MY day like you wouldn't believe, every day some other one has his lawn mowed in the middle of the morning when I WORK, so to me, that "educated" "affluent" person has no common sense because he/she is disregarding that not everyone is at work outside their home, disregarding we may have small kids that need to nap...etc etc etc so he/she is keeping that lawn maintained at MY expense and annoyance!
"Educated" doesn't only mean you have a degree in something, it also means you have common sense towards the rest pf the ppl living around. There is a guy here who has someone mow his lawn at 7AM on a SUNDAY! Yes you read it right: Sunday @7AM! ppl have to wake up on the lawn mower noise!

I wish Florida/or Tampa pass that law where people are allowed to use other materials to landscape besides grass that needs mowing every week!

Besides, I don't think being "educated" has anything to do with having a nice lawn. It has to to with builder specifications and by-laws! (in these "affluent" areas, minus South Tampa where I don't think they have an HOA as those home vary in the way their yards look like). Plus, it's not like the doctor, lawyer etc is mowing his own lawn, they are well beyond that...no, no, they have illegals do it at the worst possible hours in the day. I don't see any of these doctors and lawyers sit in their front yards admiring them either, these are the white trash the other poster was talking about that go out boating and get drunk. Look at those homes in Tarpon Springs, as you get closer and closer to the water the yards and landscape is minimal and the house itself is huge and that's because those "educated/affluent" ppl don't want to spend their time "landscaping" they want to be out boating and getting drunk!

Luckily Florida/Tampa has plenty of "affluent's" and so the OP should fit riiiiight in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltzman143 View Post
so i spent 3 years canvassing every "desirable" neighborhood from pasco county in the north to sarasota in the south. i probably put 10,000 miles on my car just driving streets over and over watching people and how they behaved in these neighborhoods. i watched how they maintained their properties, i showed up at 11 p.m. on friday and saturday nights to see whether noise was a problem, and i also watched what went on at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on a wednesday. i did extensive digging on crime reports and did background investigations on the people who lived anywhere near where i was thinking about buying.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I wish Florida/or Tampa pass that law where people are allowed to use other materials to landscape besides grass that needs mowing every week!
No, I don't. If you want petty laws like that, you'd better stay in your HOA-controlled developments.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 AM

No, there was talk a few years back when we had that prolonged drought period where they wanted to allow people to landscape with mulch, gravel and rocks to reduce the amount of grass to a minimum because there were all these people complaining that they had to replace their entire lawns and they didn't think it was right and so they wanted to landscape Arizona/Nevada style with more Hibiscus and other plants of that sort that would still look good but not go brown and die and then the homeowner had an extra expense plus all the letters from HOA's threatening fees if they don't replace their lawns etc.
Rethink your lawn; consider a garden | TBO.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
No, I don't. If you want petty laws like that, you'd better stay in your HOA-controlled developments.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:42 PM

3,272 posts, read 4,411,597 times
Tampa Bay being Redneck.... that's funny. The only Rednecks I have met are from Ohio. Go figure :S

Old 05-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
No, there was talk a few years back when we had that prolonged drought period where they wanted to allow people to landscape with mulch, gravel and rocks to reduce the amount of grass to a minimum because there were all these people complaining that they had to replace their entire lawns and they didn't think it was right and so they wanted to landscape Arizona/Nevada style with more Hibiscus and other plants of that sort that would still look good but not go brown and die and then the homeowner had an extra expense plus all the letters from HOA's threatening fees if they don't replace their lawns etc.
Rethink your lawn; consider a garden | TBO.com
I apologize. I misread your post. I thought you wanted it to be a law that people use stuff aside from grass.

Still, Tampa doesn't need to pass a law allowing people to use stuff other than grass, because that's already allowed. It's really only an issue for people that live in restrictive HOAs.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:47 PM

8,287 posts, read 8,141,943 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about, since there are no State laws AFAIK about planting grass. Plenty of people use stones instead of grass, although it's not very attractive IMHO. I've had neighbors who decided not to plant grass when they built homes. Again, it's not my cup of tea, but I've never read any law that prohibits it unless you are talking about a specific county or local community.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:55 PM

This wasn't supposed to take the place of grass, ONLY allow the people in deed restricted communities (all over the bay) to use other things besides grass. Of course it had to pass through "architectural boards" and stuff...but it was meant to give people options and not force people to keep replacing lawns which can be expensive considering the size of "some" front yards around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay