Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

People Of Walmart Song*Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Very funny

Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenieTA View Post
How do the prices at Publix compare to Super Target or WalMart? Here in the Chicago suburbs, we grocery shop mostly at Super Target. Produce, however, is better off purchased at a more ethnically diverse grocery store (Valley Produce, Ca****s, etc). We're moving to a home next month in FL that is within walking distance to a Publix. Target and WalMart are nearby but not as convenient.

Thanks!!
You are so fortunate to live within walking distance of Publix. They are by far my favorite Florida grocery store. Their bakery is amazing. They often have buy one get one deals on various items, which makes their prices better. They aren't as cheap as Walmart, but they give you a much better shopping experience and I prefer their produce, bakery items, and meat. Plus their employees are always a pleasure to deal with, which I appreciate. Best wishes.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:04 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
My family has shopped Publix since the first store opened. Publix gives back to the community in many ways especially to the youth. I haven't seen any other store chain do that. Publix supported me during my FFA years and I'll never forget that. There sparkling clean stores are a delight to shop. I have found their store brands to be top quality.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:28 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Well, granted I make considerably more than people at walmart, but I have not gotten a pay raise in 4 years of any kind.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:55 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I work for myself, so you guys can have Walmart.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:59 PM

232 posts, read 1,654,198 times
I find that Walmart is the cheapest, then Target, then Publix. However, they're also ranked the same from least to most friendly. Publix is *awesome*. There are always employees, usually on every single aisle, and they are always super polite and able to direct me to the exact location of every odd item I ask for.

They also treat my children very well, and always offers to walk me and my groceries to the car. You don't get that sort of service at Walmart or Target!

I have also *never* had a problem redeeming WIC checks at Publix, yet every single Walmart cashier has their own "policy" about those checks.

I would much rather pay slightly higher prices, but *know* that I am getting quality produce and meats, as well as being treated with respect.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridacara View Post
I find that Walmart is the cheapest, then Target, then Publix. However, they're also ranked the same from least to most friendly. Publix is *awesome*. There are always employees, usually on every single aisle, and they are always super polite and able to direct me to the exact location of every odd item I ask for.

They also treat my children very well, and always offers to walk me and my groceries to the car. You don't get that sort of service at Walmart or Target!

I have also *never* had a problem redeeming WIC checks at Publix, yet every single Walmart cashier has their own "policy" about those checks.

I would much rather pay slightly higher prices, but *know* that I am getting quality produce and meats, as well as being treated with respect.
An incredible shame... I have seen this over and over. Those MOTHERS deserve better than that!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:24 PM

232 posts, read 1,654,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
An incredible shame... I have seen this over and over. Those MOTHERS deserve better than that!
It's really sad. Some of the more recent roadblocks I have run into concerning the fresh fruit/vegetable voucher...

"You can't use it for $6. You have to have less than $6. So I'll stop ringing at $5.50."

"You can only have 6 items. You can't get grapes."

"You can't get strawberries. Those are luxury fruits, you need to get cheaper fruits." (this is when Walmart had strawberries for $1 a pound...)

"You can't use this on fresh food. It has to be frozen or canned, SEE? It says right here."

Then there are all of the snide remarks after you leave the line. I've never been so humiliated or insulted as I've been at Walmart, by both cashiers and other customers.

I do apologize for going off on a tangent, but it does help to illustrate my point over just how much I LOVE Publix (and even Target, to an extent), than Walmart.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:28 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridacara View Post
It's really sad. Some of the more recent roadblocks I have run into concerning the fresh fruit/vegetable voucher...

"You can't use it for $6. You have to have less than $6. So I'll stop ringing at $5.50."

"You can only have 6 items. You can't get grapes."

"You can't get strawberries. Those are luxury fruits, you need to get cheaper fruits." (this is when Walmart had strawberries for $1 a pound...)

"You can't use this on fresh food. It has to be frozen or canned, SEE? It says right here."

Then there are all of the snide remarks after you leave the line. I've never been so humiliated or insulted as I've been at Walmart, by both cashiers and other customers.

I do apologize for going off on a tangent, but it does help to illustrate my point over just how much I LOVE Publix (and even Target, to an extent), than Walmart.
I was talking about all of those Mothers... know what I'm talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay