Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 AM

9 posts, read 13,986 times

Advertisements

So I am thinking of moving to Tampa. My girlfriend and I live in Stuart, FL, and want to move. Stuart is a nice enough town, just too small and growing up here, I am ready to move on. I have about a year to get all this together, so I am just trying to get some early ideas. As far as particulars: We are in our mid 20's so we would like an area that has more people our age. We both have jobs that will allow us to transfer will little trouble. As far as housing budget, I would like to keep it under $1000. Looking to rent. Schools not important. Not really concerned with commute time, nothing outrageous, but planning on working actually in Tampa, not St. Pete or anything like that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 09:51 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
This is the south, we dont have density, we have sprawl... you will not find anywhere in the south that has high population density like you will find in the northeast and a few other places in the U.S. (Detroit, Chicago, etc)

Old 05-27-2011, 12:35 PM

463 posts, read 1,052,446 times
South Tampa will fit your description of a place. Young professionals, active lifestyle and places to go, things to do. You can find places for under $1000, but prepare to look for it. Stay south of Kennedy, north of Gandy and east of Dale Marby, east of MacDill preferable.
There are also places on westshore blvd that are populated by young people, but they are further away from all the activities, unless you stay close to airport/international plaza area.

Best luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: