U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-09-2011, 08:42 PM

44 posts, read 37,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
There are several extended stay hotels in Tampa but you are going to have to go up some on your budget to $1,200 a month or more. I checked the one on Beaumont Drive in Tampa..it was $37 a night. You might check for vacation rentals or even apts and pay up front for a few months. You don't want to have to turn on utilities until you are sure you are going to stay. There are deposits for Electric too. Word of warning.. be very careful especially using Craigslist.
This thread peaked my interest since we too were thinking of staying in an extended stay hotel w/ kitchen close to where I would be working. (We want to take our time scoping out the area firsthand before we commit to a home.) I actually thought $1200 a month wouldn't be too bad if you can afford to keep your stuff in storage. If utilities are as high as I've been led to believe, $1200.00 a month (all utilities included because it's a hotel) sounds like a good bet.

Thanks,

Becky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-10-2011, 06:28 AM

2,361 posts, read 4,241,673 times
Not interested in an extended stay hotel, but would like more information regarding month to month rentals as the OP requested initially. Upscale month to month condos/apartments?

Unread 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM

769 posts, read 1,000,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Not interested in an extended stay hotel, but would like more information regarding month to month rentals as the OP requested initially. Upscale month to month condos/apartments?
Upscale? Good luck. Landlords can find people to sign long term leases for those so why would they agree to a month-to-month lease? I guess you'll probably find some that are in foreclosure.

Unread 01-26-2012, 12:55 AM

1 posts, read 727 times
Default Month to Month Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknuts View Post
Extended stay motels are what I've been looking at the most, actually. I just wanted to see what else was out there.

The unemployment rate in Columbus is lower, but there are just too few jobs. The Tampa Bay Metro is much larger, population wise, than is the Columbus Metro, and has access to a lot more population from Tampa than we would have from Columbus. More people = more jobs.

If nothing else, I guess it can be a nice extended vacation for us.

But back to the important part; month to month living in Tampa. I'd like more input.
Hi there, I know this thread is older, but my husband and I have a cute little house near USF (3-5 minutes away) and we're moving to a different school district for our soon to be 5 year old. We're currently beginning the process of selling our house as a short sale. In the meantime, we're renting our home out. To be fair to any renters we're doing month to month since we don't know who will buy the property or when. If you're still needing a place, feel free to email us and we can give you more information!

Hope you made the move and are enjoying tampa!

Unread 01-26-2012, 04:04 AM

5,453 posts, read 3,411,459 times
Unless they are in some weird work field, with some very extensive experience, not many employers in Tampa (or anywhere else for that matter) would just hire them for sending out their resumes. You said it yourself Tampa's unemployment is 10%, and that means with people who already live there.

Plus, have you looked at flight prices? OMG...That can be very expensive.

I am not in favor of moving without a job, but since they don't have any kids to worry about, they might as well go for it. I know people who did that and found jobs within a few weeks. If they're not picky, I am sure they can find some work.

Speaking of which, didn't he say his girlfriend grew up there? maybe they have relatives/friends they can stay with in the mean time. (While they explore the area etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
Why don't you stay where you are and start applying for jobs from there? You can fly in for interviews. That's better than just getting up and moving with the thought that you might move again if you can't find jobs.

Unread 01-26-2012, 04:06 AM

5,453 posts, read 3,411,459 times
Sorry, I just looked at the date...what is going on with so many old threads being bumped up?

Unread 01-26-2012, 06:55 AM

133 posts, read 68,479 times
I think that if you state specifically what you need on craigslist you will get quite a few responses. Just be on the lookout for the scammers.

Unread 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM

904 posts, read 1,159,723 times
Once the season is over (post Easter time) you can find a lot of month to month options that will be open to you in the area of the beaches. If you dont mind that. I know of one that would be $1400/mo plus utilities after April if that helps and this is a nice 2/2 waterfront, so assume you can find others for less.

Unread 01-26-2012, 01:42 PM

133 posts, read 68,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Sorry, I just looked at the date...what is going on with so many old threads being bumped up?

sometimes they are still relevant for other people reaeasching the same subject

Unread 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM

104 posts, read 64,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknuts View Post
Extended stay motels are what I've been looking at the most, actually. I just wanted to see what else was out there.
But back to the important part; month to month living in Tampa. I'd like more input.
Look into beach rentals. They have very flexible rental periods, weekly, monthly etc. Madeira Beach, Treasure Island, Reddington Shores, St Pete Beach...

That way you only commit when you are sure.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay