Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 01:32 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Trinity is one of those cookie cutter new areas carved out of cowfields in the early 2000's. There is nothing of value there. Few restaurants, no shopping (unless you like Wal-Mart or Target). Closest mall is either New Port Richey or Citrus Park. It is really convenient to no place you would work, terrible commute to ANYWHERE. You have to drive McMullen Booth, or 54 to get anywhere of importance.
I drive there everyday and no issues whatsoever with the commute and easy access to Tampa, Wesley chapel mall, etc.
It took me 30 min. Yesterday to get to the airport...but crazy nip lost some money in that area in the housing market and his goal is to bash anything in New Port Richey, Trinity,etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 03:58 PM

30,393 posts, read 21,215,773 times
West Pasco west of US19 is dead and a very bad area. Trinity is a much newer area with much nicer homes compared to the $20k small two bedroom shoebox homes around US19.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I drive there everyday and no issues whatsoever with the commute and easy access to Tampa, Wesley chapel mall, etc.
It took me 30 min. Yesterday to get to the airport...but crazy nip lost some money in that area in the housing market and his goal is to bash anything in New Port Richey, Trinity,etc...
Tell you what, try that drive between 6-8:30am and see how long it takes you. Hint: about an hour and a half. And no, I did not lose a dime in that area because I would never invest there. You are very insincere by saying it takes 30 minutes to get to the airport. The OP was asking specifically about commute times, and I gave him accurate info.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,687,668 times
I won't be doing any commuting. I'm disabled and retired Military.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:56 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Tell you what, try that drive between 6-8:30am and see how long it takes you. Hint: about an hour and a half. And no, I did not lose a dime in that area because I would never invest there. You are very insincere by saying it takes 30 minutes to get to the airport. The OP was asking specifically about commute times, and I gave him accurate info.
There are many ways from Wesley Chapel to the Airport and if no accidents happen, than you can be there even at that time of the day in 30-45 min.

From Wesley Chapel to Trinity is like 40 min and I drive it almost everyday at the times you described.

Specially with the extension of St. Rd 56 open, it saves a lot of time and when St. Rd 54 will be ready within the next couple of months (before the end of the year) it will even speed up things more.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:40 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,881 times
Your options from Trinity to the airport and downtown Tampa are VERY limited.

You can go Little Rd to Trinity Blvd to 7 Springs/McMullen booth to Tampa Rd/Hillsborough to Memorial to the airport

You can go 54 to Gunn Hwy to sheldon/memorial to the airport

You can go 54 to the Suncoast Parkway to the airport (likely the fastest, but you have to pay $2.25 toll)

Or some other odd combination of the routes I mentioned (gunn to van dyke and get on veterans?) (hillsborough to race track to linebaugh to sheldon/memorial?)

The bottom line is there is no easy way to get from Trinity to anywhere, except WC or Elfers, or maybe Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor. I live off Sheldon Rd and work downtown, I fight rush hour every day both ways, and know what commute times at all hours are, at the BEST time of day, you are looking at adding 30 minutes minimum from my house to Trinity, add 45 minutes to an hour during rush hour.

There are many other ways you COULD go, but I just told you the fastest, I challenge you to prove me wrong or show some other way.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:45 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Trinity is one of those cookie cutter new areas carved out of cowfields in the early 2000's. There is nothing of value there. Few restaurants, no shopping (unless you like Wal-Mart or Target). Closest mall is either New Port Richey or Citrus Park. It is really convenient to no place you would work, terrible commute to ANYWHERE. You have to drive McMullen Booth, or 54 to get anywhere of importance.
Which is how about 95% of Florida is. It's actually planned out pretty well as far as typical subdivisions are in the area.

Trinity area is about the only nice place left in West Pasco.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Your options from Trinity to the airport and downtown Tampa are VERY limited.

You can go Little Rd to Trinity Blvd to 7 Springs/McMullen booth to Tampa Rd/Hillsborough to Memorial to the airport

You can go 54 to Gunn Hwy to sheldon/memorial to the airport

You can go 54 to the Suncoast Parkway to the airport (likely the fastest, but you have to pay $2.25 toll)

Or some other odd combination of the routes I mentioned (gunn to van dyke and get on veterans?) (hillsborough to race track to linebaugh to sheldon/memorial?)

The bottom line is there is no easy way to get from Trinity to anywhere, except WC or Elfers, or maybe Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor. I live off Sheldon Rd and work downtown, I fight rush hour every day both ways, and know what commute times at all hours are, at the BEST time of day, you are looking at adding 30 minutes minimum from my house to Trinity, add 45 minutes to an hour during rush hour.

There are many other ways you COULD go, but I just told you the fastest, I challenge you to prove me wrong or show some other way.
Your points are useless as the OP said commuting isn't an issue. Your location(Tampa) is full of sprawl and cookie cutter communities with very few places with character.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I call Trinity the land of beige, everything from the houses to the stores are just kind of blah.But many people like beige!!

Old 06-22-2011, 01:48 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,687,668 times
We actually would prefer something less cookie cutter. I'm from New England. My dream house would be an old Colonial or Victorian. I don't think I'll find that down there and my disabled husband needs one story. We live in an old Craftsman right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay