U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebe View Post
Dont Move To Florida!!!!!!! What Ever You Do, Dont Move To Clearwater...
Gas Is $10.00gal...
Rent A 1 Bedroom Apt..$1500month...
Murders Everyday...to Many Cars...
Walk Out Of Your Home And Get Robbed...
Nothing To Do Here....to Many Bugs....
Big Snakes,and I Do Mean Big!!!!!you May Be Eating.....gators....
Homeless Asking For Money All The Time..
Elec Bill $500month...
Water Bill $300month.....
Jobs Pay Min Wage....drug Dealers On Every Block...
Hookers Every Where You Turn...
Omg....its A Crime Haven Here In Clearwater...
Dont Even Ride In Clearwater...
Nothing To Do Here In Clearwater!!!!!!!!
Just A Warning To All The Good People Thinking Of Moving To Clearwater...please Dont Move Here.....

Ok...now That I Did My Public Service Message...its Time For Me To Go Boating..maybe Catch Dinner...then Home To My Ingound Swimming Pool With A Cold Beer And My Grill And Sit Back And Enjoy The Palm Trees And Hot Weather...omg...got To Hate This Kind Of Life I Have Here In Clearwater..geezzzzzzzz......
Daum bro,
I just moved here about 3 months ago and I definately don't know the area but havent seen any of the above.
My rent $800 month
My elec $95 month
Gas $3.90 gal

Haven't been robbed, bit by snakes or seen many bugs. Haven't seen any homeless asking for money. the 2 things i have looked for - a drug dealer and a hooker I cant find. We should get together sometime and maybe you can clue me in. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM

623 posts, read 1,103,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4inthevalley View Post
We are leaving in 18 days for Florida. My son got accepted to an Aviation School so the whole family is moving. I know its going to be rough for the first few months and except it to be. Not knowing anyone, weather difference, new jobs, finding a place to live etc. I am originally from Pa., moved to Az 5 years ago and can not wait to get out of Az.

Its like I say you get out of it what you make of it. Some people love it and others hate it. Can not knock anything until you try it. Looking forward to greens, water, beach, humidity, thunderstorms, rain, and anything else that comes along
Good luck to you 4inthevalley. Life is what you make it. Without a doubt, hands down, the nature here is breathtaking. Just saw a school of dolphin - about 50 yards from me. I'm so lucky.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 PM

2,932 posts, read 3,998,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
This thread is like a train wreck. I just had to stop and look.
Amen Brother! Most of the Florida forums are. Why?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 AM

888 posts, read 1,340,615 times
Because once you look past the water, beaches, theme parks, and warm winter weather.......................................

The state IS a train wreck.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 AM

2,932 posts, read 3,998,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Because once you look past the water, beaches, theme parks, and warm winter weather.......................................

The state IS a train wreck.
Which State isn't? I vote for the weather......

Old 04-21-2012, 04:08 PM

4,225 posts, read 5,678,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry727 View Post
Daum bro,
I just moved here about 3 months ago and I definately don't know the area but havent seen any of the above.
My rent $800 month
My elec $95 month
Gas $3.90 gal

Haven't been robbed, bit by snakes or seen many bugs. Haven't seen any homeless asking for money. the 2 things i have looked for - a drug dealer and a hooker I cant find. We should get together sometime and maybe you can clue me in. haha
I believe he was being sarcastic.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,397 times
I've enjoyed reading these posts, so I'd appreciate honest, open feedback on whether the crime and poverty rates are as bad as I've read on CrimeStoppers, etc for the 33755 zip code. The area didn't look bad when I drove around. I'm looking at buying a house on Pine Brook Dr but now I'm leery about it. There's another house in the 33756 area around Canterbury Dr. I have to make a decision in the next few days. Opinions? Thanks All!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyV48 View Post
I've enjoyed reading these posts, so I'd appreciate honest, open feedback on whether the crime and poverty rates are as bad as I've read on CrimeStoppers, etc for the 33755 zip code. The area didn't look bad when I drove around. I'm looking at buying a house on Pine Brook Dr but now I'm leery about it. There's another house in the 33756 area around Canterbury Dr. I have to make a decision in the next few days. Opinions? Thanks All!
It is, this board is full of realtors and tourism board members, they have an agenda which is why anyone with a difference of opinion is banned like nazi germany. I thought this place was a nice forum for open discussion involving communities good or bad, but is only to tout how "great" an area is so people can refer them to realtors and make a commission

Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,210,924 times
YES! All cheerleaders get a commission from the various vendors who get business thanks to our posts.
The more good stuff we post the more we earn! Keep posting the obvious dislike for your adopted home so we can post more good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee II View Post
It is, this board is full of realtors and tourism board members, they have an agenda which is why anyone with a difference of opinion is banned like nazi germany. I thought this place was a nice forum for open discussion involving communities good or bad, but is only to tout how "great" an area is so people can refer them to realtors and make a commission

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM

15,125 posts, read 31,021,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
YES! All cheerleaders get a commission from the various vendors who get business thanks to our posts.
The more good stuff we post the more we earn! Keep posting the obvious dislike for your adopted home so we can post more good stuff.
Hey - someone owes me some commissions!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or