Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times

Advertisements

You mean the part about the hookers on every corner isn't true????

Drats/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 08:13 AM

3 posts, read 7,736 times
I have worked in downtown Clearwater for the past 14 years. I remember when I first moved to Clearwater, I saw all of the Scientologists and thought there was a US Naval Base in the area! I had never heard of scientology. They all dressed the same and I thought, Wow, this must be a safe place to live with a Naval base close by!!

Anyway, if you want to pay very high property taxes and homeowners insurance then Clearwater is the place for you.

I now live 45 miles north of Clearwater in Spring Hill. I know that most of you don't care to commute that far to your jobs but, I bought a nice, brand new home, 3/2/2 with a large corner lot in Spring Hill for $159K. A comparable home in Clearwater would cost me around $250K. I will make the drive. The taxes are way lower, the homeowners insurance, way lower.

My boss lives in clearwater, has a smaller home than mine and got a insurance bill last year for over $7K!! My insurance bill was $1700. His property taxes were over $3K, Mine was $1900.

Do the math. If you work in Tampa and lived in Spring Hill you would have a shorter commute (35 miles).

Old 10-14-2007, 08:18 AM

64 posts, read 179,890 times
Cool Amen...

I was born & raised in Tampa. I absolutely hate it here. I want to get the heck out of this place asap! When I was growing up, this was an amazing place to live! In about the last 15 years, I don't even recognize it. Dirty, rude ppl, high crime, outrageous taxes, etc.....

Heading North, I hope...

Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,596 times
The thing about Clearwater-- or anywhere else-- is that places can enhance happiness or unhappiness, but short of a real extreme they don't cause it. If you're cranky and miserable and a big ol' jerk in Buffalo or St. Louis or Atlanta, you'll probably still be cranky and miserable and a big ol' jerk in Florida, unless you make more changes in your life than just location.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:12 PM

558 posts, read 2,248,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynorie View Post
Make a liberal angry: work hard, prosper, enjoy a carefree lifestyle in sunny Florida and feel good about your accomplishments, and rely on big government for nothing!
What does LIBERAL have to do with anything? You've described me and most of the people I know down here in FL . . . what are their political philosophies?

NO IDEA!!!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:25 AM

22 posts, read 114,998 times
The whole suncoast, i believe, is ridiculous but i mean what can i say ... its worth the money. Look at the area u live though? I bet its not ghetto and its near the coast

Old 12-05-2007, 05:36 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equestrian_mom View Post
I was born & raised in Tampa. I absolutely hate it here. I want to get the heck out of this place asap! When I was growing up, this was an amazing place to live! In about the last 15 years, I don't even recognize it. Dirty, rude ppl, high crime, outrageous taxes, etc.....

Heading North, I hope...

Yea and up north is so much cleaner and the people are very kind and the crime is so low.....

LOL have you been up north? I am from up north providence Rhode island and I can tell you it`s not like you are thinking. Crime in cities is high, the citys up north look more run down and depressing.

Goto Hartford or newark if you think the crime is too high here or maybe baltimore.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:14 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,120 times
i dont like living in the st. pete/clearwater area because its boring, theguy who made this thread is lucky to have paid of his trailer and inflatable boat, but the rest of us have it hard

Old 12-07-2007, 01:06 PM

17 posts, read 89,223 times
Life is what you make it, doesnt really matter where you live! gotta always look at the cup as half full, not half empty

Old 12-10-2007, 06:01 PM

4 posts, read 12,143 times
Default Hey whats up everyone?

Hey the life there sounds great, but is there a place there for younger couples? I used to live in Largo but Im sure alots changed in the past 5 years. I'm a 19 year old guy soon to be married and trying to see if relocating to my home-town is a possibility at this point, any advice is welcome!
Thanks,
Spademaxey

p.s.
I'm new to posting stuff here, so if I did it wrong please cotact me and let me know, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay