U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-11-2011, 06:11 AM

1,243 posts, read 998,280 times
Default Nice Christmas rental, near Clearwater?

I'm looking for my brother and his family--they want to spend a week in a condo or rental apartment, near the beach and with things to do (teenager).

They want a 2-bedroom efficiency, for 2 weeks, with a heated pool. I want them to be within an easy drive of Dunedin, since that's where we spend the winter, and I'd like them to be able to visit us, and vice-versa.

I've suggested Clearwater Beach. I think it would suit the teenager, and there's sufficient shopping there I think to suit my sister-in-law.

Anyone have suggestions in this regard? I know it will be too cold to swim, so I'm hoping that a heated pool might be useable.

Warmth is important, but cost is too. They could go further south, but I suspect the Keys are out of their price range (as much as we all like the Keys.) But St. Pete's Beach, Siesta Key, ...?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 AM

3,245 posts, read 3,880,854 times
Tons of places that fir your description up and down Gulf Blvd. Maybe Google '2BD Weekly Rental Gulf Blvd.'

Old 07-11-2011, 04:56 PM

4,390 posts, read 2,419,580 times
Or try vrbo.com its a free listing website that lets renters and owners deal directly with no middle man!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 AM

Thanks, this is very helpful. I've noticed Indian Rocks Beach in the google search--I've heard it's nice, but would it be good for a family holiday? Are there things to do and shopping nearby?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM

Another question about Clearwater versus Indian Rocks Beach. Does the latter have much of a seagrass problem? I've heard they clear it away from Clearwater Beach, is that true? This is for my brother, who is very much a beach person--I've told him it will be too cold to swim at Christmas, but he doesn't believe me. But he definitely likes a nice beach in any case, although I guess if you don't swim in it, seagrass doesn't much matter, does it? Anyways, I thought I'd ask.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM

930 posts, read 1,240,421 times
If you are in Canada, then the gulf is not too cold LOL - I have even swam in the gulf on christmas day, but I had had a few glasses of wine beforehand! Indian Rocks Beach IRB is lovely. Clearwater beach prob has more for teens, but really IRB is calmer, and friendly and if you are near to the 'restaurant district' there are a few shops, kayak rental, paddleboard rental, a mini golf, volleyball court, bikes tohire and other things that might keep them occupied. Its a great place and a lot easier to park than in clearwater beach
agree on vrbo I use it for my rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay