Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPhinfan13 View Post
Thanks, that helps a lot. I'll have to do some recon when I get down there next time. BTW, where did you eventually settle?
In the New Tampa area...Meadow Pointe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Much of Trinity is still residential rural like Wesley Chapel was a few years ago. Though the houses are newer, the choices for retail and recreation are pretty limited.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM

305 posts, read 610,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Trinity is fine as all say.

You in Clearwater and wife in Tampa /westshore screams to me Safey Harbor, Oldsmar and Westchase.

Driving is gonna be a nightmare!
I'm interviewing at a company located on US19 & Ulmerton. When we did the ride to East Lake it seemed fine as far as a commute. My wife interviewed in Tampa around Westshore. I'm not sure what that commute would be like.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Trinity is fine. I have a friend who lived there and she loved it. I believe the yards are pretty small. The drive into Tpa on the Veterans could be trying depending on the time of day. You are close to Land O lakes.

Getting to Clearwater depending on where in Clearwater is going to be a tough drive too. Did you look at Country Way, Oldsmar or Safety Harbor areas?
Schools are important so I've been sticking to East Lake. I hear a lot of good things about safety harbor. Do you know what schools service the area?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Here are some invaluable tools for you:

Pinellas School Locator
https://sap.pinellas.k12.fl.us/PubInfo/

Hillsborough School Locator
Untitled Document

School Ratings
http://www.greatschools.org

Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Trinity area is the only place you'd want to be in west pasco.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Trinity area is the only place you'd want to be in west pasco.
I was thinking Land of Lakes, but going any further east my kill my commute.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:08 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
NYPhinPhan.... have you been to either of these places? We drove around a lot when we first got here. Rented a 2 bedroom hotel suite on Hwy 60 and US 19 until we found our rental home. I could not commit to a place until after we got here and looked around. Glad I did. Ended up renting in a place that was never on the radar but love the area. I highly suggest you get a sense of where you want to be but plan on staying in a place you can rent by the week until you find the correct area and home to rent.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 AM

239 posts, read 671,340 times
We recently moved here and are still renting in Safety Harbor. My husband works near where you will be working and I work in Downtown Tampa near where your wife will be working. We have both been "doing the drive" for several months now and IMHO, I dont think you want to be further out than Safety Harbor. We looked at nice houses in East Lake but the commute would be brutal if you both had to do it daily AND fator in a school drop off/pick up too. There is only one way in and out of East Lake in those directions and everyone is taking it. It is doable but it depends on how often you have to do it and your tolerance.

We are still looking to buy and have narrowed it down to Safety Harbor, Wetchase, and South Tampa (all very different). IMO (again) I think all of the schools are relatively equal in the "desireable" areas. That being said, even the ones with the best reputations may not be what you are used to depending on where you are coming from so do your homework before you base your location soley on the school. Our son is in an alternative private school but that is our personal preference. It has however made our house hunting easier. There are quite a few good private schools in all of those areas if that is an option fo you.

Good Luck!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOnewplace View Post
We recently moved here and are still renting in Safety Harbor. My husband works near where you will be working and I work in Downtown Tampa near where your wife will be working. We have both been "doing the drive" for several months now and IMHO, I dont think you want to be further out than Safety Harbor. We looked at nice houses in East Lake but the commute would be brutal if you both had to do it daily AND fator in a school drop off/pick up too. There is only one way in and out of East Lake in those directions and everyone is taking it. It is doable but it depends on how often you have to do it and your tolerance.

We are still looking to buy and have narrowed it down to Safety Harbor, Wetchase, and South Tampa (all very different). IMO (again) I think all of the schools are relatively equal in the "desireable" areas. That being said, even the ones with the best reputations may not be what you are used to depending on where you are coming from so do your homework before you base your location soley on the school. Our son is in an alternative private school but that is our personal preference. It has however made our house hunting easier. There are quite a few good private schools in all of those areas if that is an option fo you.

Good Luck!
Thanks, I'm from LI so my wife and I are no strangers to traffic. A 40-60 minute commute is normal for us. It just that it looks like you get more for your money in Trinity as opposed to East Lake. I've looked around quite extensively in East Lake and even did the commute from East Lake to Bradenton during rush hour while we were there. The traffic moves from what I can tell. Didn't have much stop and go. With that said, most of my research has been based off of schools. Private schools are a consideration for us, but I want to be living in a good school school system in-case something were to happen. For example, my brother and sister in-law have their kids in private school down there, but he recently lost his job. Now the kids have to go to public which is not necessarily a bad thing becuase their public schools are good. I just want to make sure if something were to happen to us, the fall back option would be just as good as private. BTW I got the job in Clearwater. We'll be down in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay