Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,850 times

Advertisements

Hi - I just accepted a job in Largo and someone recommended Seminole as a good place to live. Single professional woman in her 40s - looking to rent a condo - safety is a priority.
Opinions on Seminole? What would be some nicer areas? Areas to avoid?
Thanks so much - I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 PM

988 posts, read 1,827,250 times
Well...noting that I am a single guy in late 30's (okay, very late 30's) and I have - thus far - only visited the city. That said, I was visiting a friend who is a lady having just hit 40. I personally found the area safe and my friend seems quite happy with where she is living.

My purpose, in part, to be on this forum is investigate where I might want to move in the near future and your thread/question interested me. Obviously, people from FL will speak with more authority but I guess what I'm saying is my experience seemed to be positive to the questions you pose.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,850 times
Thanks - I appreciate your input! I'm 41 - it seems like a good area with a little bit of nightlife on the beach, but not too much!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM

988 posts, read 1,827,250 times
That's a bit of the impression I also got, fairly laid back but there were some activities to be had. As I'm thinking where I might want to move (even being born and bred in MN, the MN winters are getting old for this man), that area isn't entirely out of the question for me. That said, I'm also looking at other locations, not necessarily in FL.

I hope you have luck in getting more responses and also finding the perfect place for you!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbnd View Post
Thanks - I appreciate your input! I'm 41 - it seems like a good area with a little bit of nightlife on the beach, but not too much!
If you are able to rent anything on Gulf Blvd you'll be fine, close to the beach and near the bars.

If Gulf Blvd is out of price range for you I would suggest anything west of Indian Rocks Beach Rd or Oakhurst Rd. South of East Bay Blvd, North of Park Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay