Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Tampa Palms and, while I know that it is no where near the beach), I'm looking for the nearest beach. I have traveled to St. Pete's and Clearwater, but am looking to see if there is just something straight west, rather than southwest. Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 PM

13 posts, read 37,185 times
wait for me!!! started selling some stuff. i hope i make it on the beach by nov.
aaaaaaaa sun in the winter.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
Your quickest route to the beach is St. Pete Beach/Pass-a-Grille from Tampa Palms. Depending where in Tampa Palms, I-275South to the Pinellas Bay Way exit to St. Pete Beach. OR I-75 South to I-4 West to I-275 South to Pinellas BayWay exit.
Fort DeSoto is one of the finest in the area.
You could always stop half way at Cypress Point Park and Beach(off Cypress Road-Westshore exit) or Ben T Davis Beach off 60West Courtney Campbell Cswy) - although they are Bay beaches and not as nice as the Gulf.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:27 AM

471 posts, read 1,660,680 times
Take 580(hillsborough Ave, becomes Tampa Rd) to Curlew Rd which runs into the Dunedin Causeway and the Beach at Honeymoon Island. It costs $5 a carload to get into the park-or $80 for a yearly pass.
or you can cross 54 to Tarpon Springs and Fred Howard Park. It is a small beach but very nice.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:09 AM

133 posts, read 538,133 times
Honeymoon Beach is very nice and it is a state park - you can also take a short boat ride over to an island that doesn't have the rocks that Honeymoon Island does. Honeymoon is the closest beach to us as we live in Lutz. Just remember to wear some sort of water shoes as there are lots of little rocks for the first little bit. They also have a special area for dogs if you have one it is great to take them there as well.

We go to Honeymoon Island on Saturday/Sunday mornings as they have a pancake/sausage breakfast for a good price. This is especially nice in the 'off-season' when it is not as hot.

Another really nice beach is further south. Siesta Key Beach is one of the prettiest beaches around here. It is down Interstate 75. Also, Venice Beach is a great place to go looking for sharks teeth on the shore as well as in the water.

When we first moved here several years ago - we started spending a Saturday/Sunday morning and hitting one beach and then just driving south to the various beaches. There are so many beautiful places around here - don't settle for just one!

As someone else mentioned -- Ft. DeSoto is also a great place to go and it is also a State Park that has a boat/ferry that you can take over to another island. (Use the State Park ferry not a boat out of St. Pete though. Trust me. LOL)

Hope this helps. Enjoy the beautiful beaches!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
Thank you!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Fort DeSoto State Park has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

But yes, you will have a 1 hour drive south. It's more than worth it. Caldesi Island may be closer and is also beautiful.

If you have a boat, Egmont Key is like visiting Gilligan's Island. Gorgeous, but no facilities unless things have changed since my last visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay