Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:35 PM

5 posts, read 4,954 times

Advertisements

Hi, first apologizes for my bad English.
We are a modern and quiet couple (40 and 42 years old) with a 24 old months we're considering move to Tampa, our plan is find some place (condo or house in Tampa, new tampa or St.Pets) for live while we're find a house to buy or build with no rush , we are looking for a secure quiet and nice place $1400-$1600 for a monthly rent, the schools is not important we believe in home schooling.
We are living in Crawfordville Tallahassee OMG nothing to do here , take me almost 40 min to go to tally and nothing to do there too, no playground nearest, no friends, no real beaches here too :
what about Wesley Chapel too? is too rural?
Any suggestion we'll be appreciate it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM

306 posts, read 451,790 times
I highly recommend New Tampa and Wesley Chapel, for either a condo or a house, although you don't mention anything about your jobs, which could obviously be an important factor in making a decision about you future living place.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 PM

Thank you Mia, i'm a stay mom home and hubby jobs is overseas, what about taxes?

Old 07-02-2014, 07:10 PM

306 posts, read 451,790 times
We are renting, therefore I don't know much about taxes apart from the fact that Pasco has lower taxes than Hillsborough. I hope somebody else will chime in. These older threads might help a bit, too:

Where are the lowest real estate tax rates around Tampa?
Pasco, Pinnellas, Hillsborough Counties - Which is better?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:18 PM

Awesome mia12! thank you for the threads helps a lot definitely too rural areas is not for us but Wesley Chapel is in Pasco but less rural? I meant more playgrounds,shopping, thinks to do right?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:52 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone2listen View Post
Awesome mia12! thank you for the threads helps a lot definitely too rural areas is not for us but Wesley Chapel is in Pasco but less rural? I meant more playgrounds,shopping, thinks to do right?

I currently live in Wesley Chapel. One thing I like about is is that it's rural and quiet, but w/in 10-15 mins (depending where you are in WC) you are close to everything. There is the mall - Wiregrass. It's an outdoor mall. Plenty of nice parks in the area too.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM

Shorty Thank you so much Wesley Chapel could be a good place to been quiet and near at the same time

Old 07-04-2014, 05:18 PM

85 posts, read 129,775 times
If you like older walkable areas, the neighborhoods just north of downtown St Petersburg are really nice. I live near the Crescent Lake neighborhood near 22nd Avenue N. Most of the neighborhoods have a variety of housing styles and price ranges located on brick streets with mature trees. There are quite a few restaurants and pubs within walking distance. The area is bikeable and downtown is easy to reach. We have a lot of grocery stores including organic grocers, produce stands and Asian markets. Its very quiet and very low crime. A lot of the retail and restaurants are local. It have a very old timey nostalgia feel. It is urban, so you will see a wide range of people but we all get along. The northern metro area suburbs are nice, new and affordable but they lack character and walkability. Give St Petersburg a look.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:28 PM

147 posts, read 211,844 times
I personally love Fishhawk Ranch. Parks, trails, pools, dog park, tons of activities. FishHawk Ranch by Newland Communities | Tampa, Florida | New Homes for Sale

Old 07-06-2014, 07:10 AM

232 posts, read 348,488 times
If you don't want to live in a suburban subdivision, consider small towns in the Tampa Bay area. My favorites are Dunedin, Safety Harbor, and Oldsmar. They are safe, friendly and have that nice small town feel. It's an easy drive to Tampa and St Pete for big city activities. It depends what kind of lifestyle you and your family like. I like small town living.
Welcome to the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay