Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:19 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
you're the one complaining - go re-read your post
Wasn't complaining about not seeing the games...because we see every game anyway!Just puzzled why it's worth a Federal investigation & somehow that makes me an anti-American! Really calm down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 05:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Does Tampa Bay price seats based on who they re playing like Orlando Magic does? For instance in our old arena. Seats were priced to be that way the whole season no matter who we were playing. But in the New Area for a celtics game or something a nosebleed can be $60 where as the Bobcats or somebody it can literally be $5.
The Rays MLB do the same thing. But no, the football games aren't priced that way. All regular season games and preseason for that matter, are priced the same. Playoff games cost more, I believe. But I think that's a good point as well - and you can see more open red seats for the lousy games (like the Carolina Panthers).

I don't think we'll see sellouts on a consistent basis unless the Bucs become one of the NFL elite teams or the economy gets much better (not likely to happen quickly).

So expect a lot of blackouts for home games.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:07 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,455 times
Quote:
The Rays MLB do the same thing. But no, the football games aren't priced that way. All regular season games and preseason for that matter, are priced the same. Playoff games cost more, I believe. But I think that's a good point as well - and you can see more open red seats for the lousy games (like the Carolina Panthers).

I don't think we'll see sellouts on a consistent basis unless the Bucs become one of the NFL elite teams or the economy gets much better (not likely to happen quickly).

So expect a lot of blackouts for home games.
Oh cool thanks. I always wondered why the Rays games are so empty, although I still think it has a lot to do with location. I guess that just gives me more of a reason to keep coming to Tampa now so I can see the Bucs!

I Wonder why the Bucs keep it consistent? I like the idea but I would think the BUcs would be money hungry, unlesss Raymond James is already paid off I suppose, because we have a WHILE to pay off the Multi-Hundred Million Dollar Amway Center for One professional sports franchise. Geesh I could see f it were two Pro Teams but it's one NBA team who has not even won a championship. We are in for soime long years here!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:54 PM

305 posts, read 610,680 times
If you also want to throw in the cost factor. For a single person to go, your looking at 20 bucks to park, AT LEAST 40 bucks for a ticket, 5-10 for a drink and the same for a snack if you must eat. Theres close to a hundred bucks assuming that your ticket was only 40 bucks. Now throw in the rest of the family (and keep in mind my first reason for not going)[/quote]

That's nothing!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM

305 posts, read 610,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
You pay me 500 dollars and i'll watch whatever you want me to. Even the Bucs.
Even the real housewives of "whatever" city?

Old 08-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPhinfan13 View Post
If you also want to throw in the cost factor. For a single person to go, your looking at 20 bucks to park, AT LEAST 40 bucks for a ticket, 5-10 for a drink and the same for a snack if you must eat. Theres close to a hundred bucks assuming that your ticket was only 40 bucks. Now throw in the rest of the family (and keep in mind my first reason for not going)
That's nothing![/quote]

I never paid for parking last season. I walked a little, but exercise has never hurt me one bit. I eat, drink BEFORE I enter the stadium either at home, bring a cooler in the car, or along the way at one of the several fast food joints in the area. I paid $35 a ticket for the entire season and had a very good time. I didn't bring anyone w/ me since they don't enjoy football - they went to the beach.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM

181 posts, read 356,818 times
The blackouts aggravate me as well. They should lower the prices if they want to fill the seats. As was covered, the costs is out of reach (not justifiable) for working class folks. I REALLY wanted to take my Dad to a Bucs game this yr for his B-Day (close to the Monday night game this year). But the ticket prices jump from 45 to 100, (the 45 are out of consideration for us) so that's easily 700 for a family of 6 for an afternoon. Outrageous.

So who is it, if not working or even professional class families, that they intend to sell these tickets to?
Who sets the price? Certainly a cost/benefit is performed. I would think the blackouts hurt the Bucs franchise more than help them financially. If they lose popularity that's a downward spiral that takes years of which to get out.

I don't know that I could ever stop being a Bucs fan, but I'm mad enough that I will certainly not buy any Bucs stuff until the games are televised again. It's small but it's the only pull I have.

Anything we can do?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:17 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,098 times
Well, Raymond James' food vendor is unable to serve the crowds they have now in an appropriate time frame. They're going to have a hard time IF they sell out a game this year.

Yes, the $45 tickets are pretty terrible tickets. I have only been to on NFL game and it was the Bucs vs Seattle game last year. We were waaaaaay up there, it was cold and windy.... it sucked. I would much rather watch the game on TV than pay $45 for a single ticket where I can't see what the heck is going on.

The Bucs need to figure out how to enhance the atmosphere of their games. The crowd was pretty dull and there was little excitement. The person I went with has been to several games a Qwest Stadium and said the experience at Raymond James was severely lacking.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM

181 posts, read 356,818 times
Quote:
Why should they be able to watch it on TV? What does that have to do w/ paying for the stadium? You have your stadium, and you're benefit is that you can attend the game in your stadium. Having the game broadcasted on TV has nothing to do with building a stadium.
FLKash's point is that we DON'T have the benefit of attending a game because the costs is out of the reach of the average person. If they tried taxing just the 19.7% (#HH income >$125k/yr income citydata data) that can afford the games, we wouldn't have the stadium. So how should the other 80% be compensated... in passing pride "look what our city has that I can't afford"...wait that's a little degrading.

IMO 80% can't afford tickets! And I think a combined income of $125k/yr affording a few hundred dollars for an afternoon is reasonable, but a $100k would be pushing it...assuming it's a family event.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMor2Day View Post
The blackouts aggravate me as well. They should lower the prices if they want to fill the seats. As was covered, the costs is out of reach (not justifiable) for working class folks. I REALLY wanted to take my Dad to a Bucs game this yr for his B-Day (close to the Monday night game this year). But the ticket prices jump from 45 to 100, (the 45 are out of consideration for us) so that's easily 700 for a family of 6 for an afternoon. Outrageous.

So who is it, if not working or even professional class families, that they intend to sell these tickets to?
Who sets the price? Certainly a cost/benefit is performed. I would think the blackouts hurt the Bucs franchise more than help them financially. If they lose popularity that's a downward spiral that takes years of which to get out.

I don't know that I could ever stop being a Bucs fan, but I'm mad enough that I will certainly not buy any Bucs stuff until the games are televised again. It's small but it's the only pull I have.

Anything we can do?

These millionaire owners have studied the data and come up w/ their prices. They found 51,000 people that could afford the tickets last weekend. Evidently, the days of everyone being able to afford to go are long overwith - it's a privilege for the wealthier folks, now. Guess they know what they're doing (Glazers). I like your idea about not buying any more gear. BTW, might visit Pewterreport.com and express your opinion with other buc fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay