Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,189 times

Advertisements

Hello all, my husband & Iae looking to move to St Pete this coming spring and are looking for some help as far as what parts of the city are safe.Our girls are 10 and 3 so we are looking for a safe area w/good schools and parks for the kids and I do not drive (hubby does though) so I will be using public transportation to/from work.We would be renting and looking for a 3bdrm in the range of $900 to $1050 per month.We have never been to St Pete but done alot of research online and like what we have seen and heard so far but want to make sure we are in a good location (the2 of us livd in Englewood FL in 1996 on the west coast and that area was very safe) we have also considered Orlando but heard the schools are not that great and have also done a little research on Lehigh Acres near Ft Myers and that ddn not seem bad.If anyone has any sugesstions/tips etc that woukd be great and thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
Hello. I think you need to figure school first. If you want state then st Pete is out pretty e
Well. If you are going to work you need to find a job close to home we don't have brill
Lint public transportation but it does exist. You kind of need a car here but folks do manage without them but I don't personally know anyone who does. The place has changed a lot since the mid nineties. Don't know lehigh acres other than it's pretty quiet there. Your rental budget is too low for the bay area for anything in a good school district with 3 bedrooms. Though I am sure there r some homes to rent at that price. Look at around 1400.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM

428 posts, read 1,472,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollylittlebum View Post
Hello all, my husband & Iae looking to move to St Pete this coming spring and are looking for some help as far as what parts of the city are safe.Our girls are 10 and 3 so we are looking for a safe area w/good schools and parks for the kids and I do not drive (hubby does though) so I will be using public transportation to/from work.We would be renting and looking for a 3bdrm in the range of $900 to $1050 per month.We have never been to St Pete but done alot of research online and like what we have seen and heard so far but want to make sure we are in a good location (the2 of us livd in Englewood FL in 1996 on the west coast and that area was very safe) we have also considered Orlando but heard the schools are not that great and have also done a little research on Lehigh Acres near Ft Myers and that ddn not seem bad.If anyone has any sugesstions/tips etc that woukd be great and thank you all.

33710 area code- safe, lots of families, and may find a 3br rental for that price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay