Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 02:26 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times

Advertisements

You tin foil hat people may rejoice, but it's a terrible decision in terms of oral health. Also this is NOTHING more than a budgetary decision, Pinellas county just wants to save a buck. Expect more of these boneheaded decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 PM

475 posts, read 814,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
So did they get approval to amend their water license?

Glad I live in the big city north of you; any council that tried to pull a stunt like that based on tin foil hat conspiracy theories would be ridden out of town on a pole, tarred and feathered.
It's history ...
Thank you very much. That little town to the North will follow some day as usual.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
You tin foil hat people may rejoice, but it's a terrible decision in terms of oral health. Also this is NOTHING more than a budgetary decision, Pinellas county just wants to save a buck. Expect more of these boneheaded decisions.
All the money spent on fluoridation in Calgary will now be redirected to dental care for the under privileged. No more forced medication by the government. win..win

Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
No more forced medication by the government. win..win
Forced medication? Get the hell out...

You are a truther or birther arent you?

Old 10-09-2011, 12:26 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:

The Canadian equivalent at any rate. Not sure what we call them here, but whacko is somewhat a universal term.

The Medical Health Officer for the City of Calgary wrote a strong letter against the removal. He gives clear scientific references as to why fluoridation should be in treated water, something the tin foil brigade can't do.

All of their "references" are innuendo, wildly extrapolated conclusions or just plain conspiracy theory "proofs".

Same types believe in the "science" of homeopathy and chiropractics.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hooray for tooth decay!
Just go to the pharmacy and buy a bottle of fluoride and treat yourself to 2 drops a day..

Flura-Drops Oral Drug Images

Old 10-09-2011, 07:38 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
I heard some local talking heads on PBS this week and their opinion was this had little to do with fluoride but more to show that the Tea Party could manipulate the Pinellas County Commission with little effort.

I've been drinking the water here in tea and coffee for over 25 years. So far, I haven't grown a horn or developed a fluoride twitch.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
I do not see what is so hard about brushing teeth. Why should tax dollars go towards fluoride in water? The old "it helps teeth" is ridiculous, how about people take one ounce of personal responsibility and brush their teeth?

Drinking fluoridated water alone will not make a person not have bad teeth. So people with good teeth obviously have brushed them, people with bad did not; so why the extra funds for the fluoride?

Also, the gov by putting fluoride in the water is not giving people a choice whether or not to consume it. It is a person's free choice to deem something dangerous to consume, especially if their tax dollars are going towards it. A person does not have to agree or disagree with that, and name calling sure does not address the issue. The gov has no business forcing the consumption of fluoride upon its population.

I do not believe in the benefits over personal responsibility, if a person cannot take care of their teeth, screw them, do not force me to consume an item I do not want because of their lack of responsibility.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Neither ..I like my water clean.

get off the catnip

Old 10-09-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Neither ..I like my water clean.

get off the catnip
If you live in Pinellas county and like clean water, you shouldnt be drinking the tap water anyway. Its full of chlorine and tastes and smells like it.

Do you propose they remove chlorine too?

There is some real ignorance floating around here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay