U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 PM

1,404 posts, read 2,500,878 times

Advertisements

Interesting to see the twists and turns in your road, but glad you made it, and that you are enjoying the area. St Pete area is marvellous and plenty of work for you both locally. I wonder how many folks moved and ended up living where they originally thought they would. We had a vaca home here for several years before we moved, lived in that for a while and then moved to mainland five mins away. Been here for a good while now. For us it just happened that way and worked out well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM

638 posts, read 1,204,231 times
I love St. Pete. I've been there every winter for a vacation since 1995. I may move there myself! Keep us posted.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM

350 posts, read 252,969 times
Welcome, fellow Hoosiers!!! We moved here from Bedford about 4.5 years ago..LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM

3,012 posts, read 4,841,789 times
As a new Floridian myself, congrats on your move.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:33 AM

3,643 posts, read 1,993,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrn2112 View Post
The Journey of the Floyd's move to Florida
10yrs ago, we decided we wanted to move to Florida, as we were down there twice a year anyway for vacation. At the time, we had 4 little ones. We continued going to Florida twice a year throughout the kids' childhoods. Now, all of the kids have graduated (the last one just in June) and moved out. Now it's OUR turn!! The house has been on the market for the last 3 1/2 months and it's the ONLY thing keeping us here. We're planning to finally move to Brandon, FL after all of the research we've done. I'm an RN and he's a GM restaurant mgr, so no problems getting jobs As soon as the house sells, we'll be interviewing for jobs, and hopefully SOON we'll be able to finally go to where we belong I'm FOREVER cold, so heat has NEVER been an issue! We're from IN, so used to cold and hot Please follow us as we follow our dreams!!!! SEE YOU SOON FLORIDA!!!!
It's been a year or so since the OP posted anything on CD but I often wonder,having finally made the move to Fl,whether they still retain their optimism and enthusiasm for our wonderful state ?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:39 AM

473 posts, read 422,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
It's been a year or so since the OP posted anything on CD but I often wonder,having finally made the move to Fl,whether they still retain their optimism and enthusiasm for our wonderful state ?
Why not private message her and find out.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:16 AM

3,643 posts, read 1,993,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Why not private message her and find out.

I'm not a PM sort of person.
Maybe if they read this we might get an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay