Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:25 AM

93 posts, read 258,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Having difficulty reading English?
Having difficulties with rational thought?

You're the one quoting Ann Coulter, chief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 AM

175 posts, read 353,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
So, they chose to borrow $100,000 over the course of their stay at school and then we're supposed to let them file bankruptcy to get out it ? What about the grads who repaid their loans, or the grads who worked full-time jobs while in school to cut expenses ? I don't object to reworking the terms of some loans, but those students chose the educational institution, chose not to work during school, chose to live off-campus rather than the dorm, chose their extracurricular activities, etc. You reap what you sow ... pay the money back.

My issue is with the removal of consumer protections given to any other unsecured loan. In this country student loans are the only loans exempt from bankruptcy protection, statutes of limitations, refinancing rights and fair debt collection practices. I think this is wrong and produces a system where lenders can encourage universities to increase their tuition to unsustainable levels and then prey on the students who are trying to better themselves. The increasing cost of higher education is not sustainable and I'm not sure what will happen when this bubble bursts.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
TBO News Alert: Police have arrested several Occupy Tampa protesters, saying they refused to move off the sidewalk this morning.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvalle View Post
Having difficulties with rational thought?

You're the one quoting Ann Coulter, chief.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that she's had a much more successful career than yourself. Rational thought - much higher level of thinking than yourself as well, chief. Author of multiple best-sellers. I'm not even a fan of hers, but I recognize a successful person when I see one and will give her credit for it.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
TBO News Alert: Police have arrested several Occupy Tampa protesters, saying they refused to move off the sidewalk this morning.
I wonder why they were making them move. It's a public sidewalk.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
because they were blocking it and the rest of the public needs to be able to use it.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Being a hindrance? There's probably a law that you can't "live" on the sidewalk for more than a week. I can't just pitch a tent and claim homestead on the sidewalks of downtown Tampa.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
because they were blocking it and the rest of the public needs to be able to use it.
They're allowed to sleep on the sidewalk from 10PM to 6AM. The six were arrested because they were still sleeping at 8AM.

Otherwise, these people are not blocking the sidewalk. It's not a large mob of people; I've never seen more than two dozen out there. There are even little orange pieces of tape on the sidewalk, presumably to delineate the protesters' space and space for through traffic.

In short, these guys have been very peaceful and aren't rampant violators of pedestrian rights-of-way like some of you seem to think.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:36 AM

515 posts, read 1,180,331 times
Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that she's had a much more successful career than yourself. Rational thought - much higher level of thinking than yourself as well, chief. Author of multiple best-sellers.
A million flies can't be wrong.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:15 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
Quote:
They're allowed to sleep on the sidewalk from 10PM to 6AM. The six were arrested because they were still sleeping at 8AM.

Otherwise, these people are not blocking the sidewalk. It's not a large mob of people; I've never seen more than two dozen out there. There are even little orange pieces of tape on the sidewalk, presumably to delineate the protesters' space and space for through traffic.

In short, these guys have been very peaceful and aren't rampant violators of pedestrian rights-of-way like some of you seem to think.
Im not implying that there violent at all. I just think there retarded. If your going to protest at least have a logical reason to protest. Im actually all for protesting and getting your voice heard, I think its a great thing and can be powerful too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay