Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 12:03 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,102 times

Advertisements

Wanna take the kiddies out for some spooky fun. Any suggestions? Not to scary though

Also, if you all can suggest a farm that does hay rides that would be awesome too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 03:09 PM

239 posts, read 671,115 times
Hi Nalexand! I had a similar post recently but didn't get many responses. You can do a serach. I seem to recall from previous posts that you are from NOVA too, right. I am getting the impression that you won't find anything similar to the good old Arlington Halloween. Did you ever go to the Halloween house in Falls chruch. That was awesome. Anyway, there is a kid friendly haunted house in Oldsmar which looks fun. I don't know anything more than that but we are going to check it out. Several of the libraries and parks are doing events. For Halloween night, a bunch of kids are meeting at one classmates house to go T or T ing and then goosebump movie and popcorn (and mostly likely tummy aches).

We miss NOVA too but are trying to stay positive and make this home (for now).

BTW: I started a NOVA expat thread a while back. I'm not sure if you responded. Maybe it is time to revive that now that we are here. Best of luck!

Old 10-22-2011, 03:42 PM

I forgot...something else you might like if you are "eco-friendly". Tampa Bay Watch is having "Pumpkins on the Porch" on October 28th in St Pete. You bring you own pumpkins and they have paint and carving tools and refreshmnets and spooky games for kids. Afterwards, there is a movie by the Bay. We thought about going to this too.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM

19 posts, read 139,208 times
go to Honeymoon Island in Dunedin they have a great fun family friendly halloween event!

Welcome to Florida State Parks

Old 10-22-2011, 07:53 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOnewplace View Post
Hi Nalexand! I had a similar post recently but didn't get many responses. You can do a serach. I seem to recall from previous posts that you are from NOVA too, right. I am getting the impression that you won't find anything similar to the good old Arlington Halloween. Did you ever go to the Halloween house in Falls chruch. That was awesome. Anyway, there is a kid friendly haunted house in Oldsmar which looks fun. I don't know anything more than that but we are going to check it out. Several of the libraries and parks are doing events. For Halloween night, a bunch of kids are meeting at one classmates house to go T or T ing and then goosebump movie and popcorn (and mostly likely tummy aches).

We miss NOVA too but are trying to stay positive and make this home (for now).

BTW: I started a NOVA expat thread a while back. I'm not sure if you responded. Maybe it is time to revive that now that we are here. Best of luck!
Thanks for the responses! I found a small pumpkin patch at a fruit stand in Riverview today and they have hay rides! It was not like Cox Farms in VA but I really enjoyed it! I do miss VA but I too am trying to stay positive and make this my home too. There are lots of things I like about FL , its just for some reason I get VERY homesick in the fall and winter seasons here.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:26 PM

We went to a Pumpkin festival today down in Bradenton at a place called Hunsicker Farms. They had hay rides, a 7 acre corn maze, and even a pumpkin canon. There was a great area with homemade pumpkin themed verisons of festival games for kids (i.e pumpkin bowling, pumpkin ring toss). Even had a blue grass band and frog jumping contest (not crazy about that-poor frogs). It was fun but it was hot today. There were thousands of people there but it didn't feel too crazy. It was a quite a drive from Tampa though.

Glad you found a nice pumpkin patch. I really miss Fall too! It's just not the same without sweaters and cider

Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Oldsmar Halloween Carnival

Thursday & Friday Oct. 27 & 28 6-9 PM
Free Haunted House open both nights, with games ,prizes and candy.
Friday night same activities with addition of a costume contest for ages 0-12 yrs.
Visit City's website at MyOldsmar.com for more information.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 AM

31 posts, read 82,419 times
Smile oldsmare fest

we have been going for years - this is a must do for the local area. it's at the race track.

There is also a haunted house in the same area (i saw this on hillsborough ave as you enter in to town from the east).

the oldsmare flea market has a haunted flea market - not sure of wha the hours are, that might be cool if you get to walk up and down the isle of buildings at night...

bring a sweater since its cool in the evenings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay