U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 AM

2,709 posts, read 4,386,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTULMAN1 View Post
I am not looking to buy, I am looking to RENT on the beach. I wouldnt want to buy something right away. First I want to rent and get to know the area.

As far as my kid being without other kids...i am not concerned, he will go to school and meet friends there and i am sure there are parks that i can take him to so he can play with other kids. I live in a building now that has few kids and he's just fine.

Quote:
..we are living on Brighton Beach now..It's a beach area in New York and paying expensive rent's, flood insurances and everyone loves this area. Everyone have kids in our building and Everyone in New York wants to live in this area. And we can afford it. We can afford a 2million dollor house. It's not the money issue. I dont understand how can everyone say that its not a good area. I dont get it. I simply dont get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 AM

34,243 posts, read 41,268,949 times
Quote:
Hmm..that's so wiered. I've never heard of people not living on the beach. For me, the whole point of living in florida is to enjoy the beach. That's so wierd. I am even more confused. Why wouldn't people want to live by the beach? Where will kids play? I am sure there are places where kids play by the beach...There are some private schools in clearwater. I think!
Problem with "on the beach" is its been bought up by developers and mostly turned into giant concrete bunkers, there are some communities with actual houses on the beach but they are really expensive and insurance would be really high.
To give an idea as to what much of the coast looks like heres a pic i took going north on Gulf Blvd just south of Clearwater.On the other side of those highrises to the left is the Gulf..Much of the coast looks like this..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 AM

627 posts, read 1,176,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Problem with "on the beach" is its been bought up by developers and mostly turned into giant concrete bunkers, there are some communities with actual houses on the beach but they are really expensive and insurance would be really high.
To give an idea as to what much of the coast looks like heres a pic i took going north on Gulf Blvd just south of Clearwater.On the other side of those highrises to the left is the Gulf..Much of the coast looks like this..
She has already stated in either this thread or one of the other 5 she started that she doesn't care about cost or insurance because they are from an affluent beach neighborhood in New York and what we pay down here is nothing in comparison.
That being said, I LOVE your little bug sleeping on your dashboard

Old 11-04-2011, 10:14 AM

39 posts, read 62,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
She has already stated in either this thread or one of the other 5 she started that she doesn't care about cost or insurance because they are from an affluent beach neighborhood in New York and what we pay down here is nothing in comparison.
That being said, I LOVE your little bug sleeping on your dashboard
We defenitly dont care about the cost. We have a lot in New York, much more than you guys pay in Florida. I dont see anything wrong with that picture? Whats wrong with those big giant high rises?

Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 AM

614 posts, read 1,449,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTULMAN1
I am not looking to buy, I am looking to RENT on the beach. I wouldnt want to buy something right away. First I want to rent and get to know the area.

As far as my kid being without other kids...i am not concerned, he will go to school and meet friends there and i am sure there are parks that i can take him to so he can play with other kids. I live in a building now that has few kids and he's just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTULMAN1
..we are living on Brighton Beach now..It's a beach area in New York and paying expensive rent's, flood insurances and everyone loves this area. Everyone have kids in our building and Everyone in New York wants to live in this area. And we can afford it. We can afford a 2million dollor house. It's not the money issue. I dont understand how can everyone say that its not a good area. I dont get it. I simply dont get it.

AHA!!! I see I'm not the only one that caught her inconsistencies! KUDOS Bud (MeInDedudinFL)!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
We defenitly dont care about the cost. We have a lot in New York, much more than you guys pay in Florida. I dont see anything wrong with that picture? Whats wrong with those big giant high rises?
I was thinking not such a great place to bring up kids, but thats just me ,if you like that kind of dwelling there is much to choose from.
If money isnt that much of a problem then Indian Rocks has many beach side houses although i dont know if many are for sale, bit crowded for my taste.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM

3,237 posts, read 5,110,648 times
I guess if they are going to rent, that will give them the opportunity to see how wrong their assumptions are, and then adjust to the proper living place. I'm done with this, I dont see anything constructive coming of my involvement anymore. The OP has already made up her mind, obviously did so before creating her 3 identical threads too. Good luck...

Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM

271 posts, read 314,568 times
The OP is getting POOR advice. There are Plenty of Single Family Homes DIRECTLY on the beach in Pinellas. There are Schools, Parks, and Children LIVING ON THE BEACH!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
The OP is getting POOR advice. There are Plenty of Single Family Homes DIRECTLY on the beach in Pinellas. There are Schools, Parks, and Children LIVING ON THE BEACH!
Start listing them as thats the info the op is looking for..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 AM

3,378 posts, read 7,870,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
OP originally stated they wanted a CONDO was not clear on buying or renting.

OP originally stated they wanted a KID FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT where the kid(s) could play with other kids.

It now appears the OP wants to RENT a CONDO not BUY nor do they want to BUY or RENT a Single Family Home.

It also appears that the OP is fine with driving to a park to let her kids play.

If this is the case (wants keep changing) than OP has PLENTY of places to pick from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay