U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,729 times

Advertisements

We are being transferred to MacDill AFB and are looking for a horse property(with a barn) to rent within 1 hour driving distance. I have never been to the area, so I am not familiar with where everything is and how long it takes to get to MacDill from the surrounding areas. Can anyone offer any advice? I have looked in the MLS, Craigslist, For Sale By Owner, etc, etc, and have had no luck. Any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:33 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,741,750 times
Odessa, Keystone, but I think unless you're going to drive down Tarpon Road, Race Track road, or Boyscout road yourself, you may need a realtor to find one. There are a bunch in that area, and very nice I might add, however I am not sure how many are rentals!?

There are no farms around McDill BTW. They are all north of Tampa. Have an RE scout those areas as they are within good distance coming down on Suncoast pky/275/Dale Mabry (whatever you choose) to get to McDill.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:43 PM

2,638 posts, read 10,875,870 times
I am aware of some horse properties in Lutz which is just north of Tampa in the same county (Hillsborough). In addition to the locations the previous poster mentioned, you might also look in other communities in Polk (east of Tampa) or Pasco (north of Tampa) counties.

Do you mean within one hour during rush commute time, or one hour on off-time or weekends? There's a pretty big difference. If you want to commute to the location every day, you'll want to stay closer to Tampa than if it is a weekend getaway type location. MacDill is on the southern tip of the Interbay peninsula and can only be approached from the north. This makes it somewhat challenging as a commuting destination compared to other places that can be approached from multiple directions.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 PM

15,269 posts, read 17,437,478 times
Check Plant City, Thononatassa, Valrico and areas near Brandon. That shoud be approx 1 hour or less. You can take the toll road from McDill. The traffic is not that bad at rush hour on the toll road, IMO.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:26 AM

3,921 posts, read 10,278,890 times
Good advice above already. The only thing I might add is you could try calling (click ->) Tampa Downs and asking the good people who work daily with race horses.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM

175 posts, read 296,221 times
You might also check out Wimauma, out by County Road 579....there is a lot of land out there and quite a few people have horses, livestock and barns out that way. It's a little bit country but really quiet and peaceful

Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm267 View Post
You might also check out Wimauma, out by County Road 579....there is a lot of land out there and quite a few people have horses, livestock and barns out that way. It's a little bit country but really quiet and peaceful
what kind of budget are you working with? If you went to the odessa/keystone area its a bit pricey out there.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:01 PM

11 posts, read 16,373 times
Default Possible horse property rental in Tampa

I have a 6.5 acre horse property for sale near Brandon--about 25 minutes to MacDill. I may consider renting it. Please PM me if you would like to discuss. Alot of people stationed at MacDill live out this way--east of Tampa.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 346 times
Default Farms for Rent?

Currently looking for long term rent/lease. Atleast 5 years if possible in Hillsborough County....great references.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or