Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 PM

657 posts, read 695,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I don't believe that. Have you been to The Villages? Place is overwhelmed w/ retirees. And with baby boomers now retiring, these types of communities will be more in demand. My developer is the only one in the area who has continued to build because of demand while several of the the non-55+ communities in the area have gone belly up.
I agree with the statement that it's a choice. I was referring to non retiree communities.

Not sure i would personally choose to move to a place where everyone i see is old. I'd find it rather depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,180,183 times
"Not sure i would personally choose to move to a place where everyone i see is old. I'd find it rather depressing."

Dang! Well, that's why we have 55+ communities, to prevent younger folks from getting depressed looking at their future.

Now, what I find really depressing are areas where everyone I see looks like a tatooed land whale.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,756,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
Understandable.

Based on your status seems you prefer Nebraska, any reason you are sticking around?
We're military so no choice in the matter! 1.5 more years!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I don't believe that. Have you been to The Villages? Place is overwhelmed w/ retirees. And with baby boomers now retiring, these types of communities will be more in demand. My developer is the only one in the area who has continued to build because of demand while several of the the non-55+ communities in the area have gone belly up.
YES there are some real good ones, specially in S./C Florida, the places are like a city-- but for many of the smaller ones, they are falling apart and are very empty-. People with $$$ will always have what ever they want- regardless, but many on lower incomes- are having problems in these communities

Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 AM

159 posts, read 259,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
This is not Europe.

In Europe, Japan and other parts of the world, this is done out of necessity due to resource constraints.

We dont have that here, you cant compare.

we are heading in the same direction. in the last several years one sees grandma raising a single childs kids, and kids are now allowed to be on insurance and get school grants based on parents wages until they are 26.

I also see taking elders back into the childs household a trend in the future. we are running out of $ for social programs.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 AM

159 posts, read 259,014 times
what will become of gen x when the parents pass?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 AM

I do wonder what this X gen will do with the old people,,, too young to survey I guess- alot of what is being fought about now will def change by then.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 PM

8 posts, read 30,814 times
My children already know that my will states that if any one of them put me in a nursing home, or if they allow anyone else to put me a nursing home that they will each get $10.00 from my estate and the rest goes to charity. My choice is home health care until the money runs out or they pull the plug, whichever comes first. If that sounds selfish, so be it.

Nick

Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 PM

wow -sad you have to threaten them. My step mom is in a home only 4 ladies there, she is 93- that's prob what they will do with me once I cannot take care of myself. To each his own.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM

23 posts, read 44,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
That's unfair. There are some real NAZI HOA's out there, but Sun City is a RETIREMENT COMMUNITY. Only SENIOR CITIZENS are supposed to live there. These people are breaking the covenants of the community (read: RULES). People bought into there knowing that only SENIORS will be living there. It is well kept and zero crime because of this.

They dont expect Earl and Emma to invite their lowlife, broke kids AND potentially THEIR kids to live there with them. That's the issue. If you dont understand, you need some help...
I agree with you all the way: :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay