Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 PM

40 posts, read 57,866 times

Advertisements

I cant stand where I live either but I dont spend my time on the forum in my city, I spend it where I WANT TO BE! FLorida Forums!

The Florida haters should be looking for more info on where they want to be, it may lower there blood pressure a little!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 AM

40 posts, read 84,204 times
Your information is out of date, that is last Decembers numbers

Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 AM

40 posts, read 84,204 times
Default Saddest area.

Sadder than Detroit?

America's Saddest Cities | Men's Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
You live in a place many Americans would love to and where many millions of people come to visit every year from all over the world.
The sun shines.
The beaches are fantastic.
There are nice bars and restaurants.
There's plenty to see and do.
Yet when you read most of the posts on here people seem to hate their lives, hate where they live, hate themselves.
Count your blessings people.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 AM

40 posts, read 57,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nye2001 View Post

I would guess this is partly due to the unemployment rate. I know money does not buy happiness but it sure goes a long way to making things easier on a day to day basis.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,199,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
He's invented his own zip code - Hillsborough County is ~28%. Pinellas around 26% and Pasco bringing up the rear at approx 18%. To the poster who quoted 49%, please send us a link to your stats ...
Nope. I am not inventing any zip code.

The data pulled right from City Data

http://www.city-data.com/city/Westchase-Florida.html

Old 12-19-2011, 01:56 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nye2001 View Post
Your information is out of date, that is last Decembers numbers
I was aware of that, but thanks for pointing the obvious out.

My point is still that there is rampant unemployment in the area. There hasn't been a significant improvement versus national numbers.

Last available numbers over 10%.

http://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.fl_tampa_msa.htm

A poor economy is making people here unpleasant.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
I agree. However, the economy most everywhere is making people unpleasant. It's not a "only in Florida" situation.

We have a large population, therefore there are going to be more unemployed people. Also, depends on your skills. I see tons of jobs for RN's and medical technology people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I was aware of that, but thanks for pointing the obvious out.

My point is still that there is rampant unemployment in the area. There hasn't been a significant improvement versus national numbers.

Last available numbers over 10%.

Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL Economy at a Glance

A poor economy is making people here unpleasant.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,193,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Nope. I am not inventing any zip code.

The data pulled right from City Data

http://www.city-data.com/city/Westchase-Florida.html
I stand corrected ... it's not Newton, Mass or Bethesda, MD, but not bad. Westchase is doing its share in pulling the total number up to 28%.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:44 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
Another personal theory (nothing to back it up) - this is a city of transplants - people from all over the country move here - many with no roots here and no civic pride a person would have if they lived in a city all of their lives. I don't see the sense of community here - people don't seem cordial like you'd see in smalltown USA. I've seen the same in other metro cities as well, even in states north of us.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,963,833 times
its incredibly transient, no one is from here, no connection to community only self interest in their sunshine pipe dreams. horrible economy always, unbearably hot for 6 months which adds to peoples angst and frustration. horrifyingly unique and absurd crimes, super sketchy population. most people come and stay for a few yrs, most are running from an unhappy life elsewhere and eventually realize changing location wont fix their life, it often gets worse. brain drain is off charts, educated smart people move away from here for opportunity elsewhere. endless reasons why people here seem angry, depressed, sad etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay