Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 12:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,918,814 times

Advertisements

I made up my mind. There are many things I love about Tampa, but it seems there is nothing here for me anymore. I'm moving to Seattle in the Spring. I made the arrangements today. It feels weird. I'm excited about the new adventure, but feeling sad about leaving my little slice of the tropics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 PM

61 posts, read 282,914 times
Default Congratulations!

Victory - congrats on your move. I know what a difficult decision it is to make. (we're moving from Miami to Jax). Leaving "paradise" behind is difficult.

However...Seattle is a great city! I lived there for 8 years prior to moving to Miami. I still have ties there (brother & best friend). There is so much to do and explore. If you have kids its a great place to raise them.

You can't beat a sunny summer day in Seattle - there's nothing better. The gray skies in the winter can be a little much, so be prepared for that.

I wish you all the best on your new adventure.

- Samierra

Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,918,814 times
Thanks! I'm looking forward to next Summer. Not getting drenched in sweat every day will be nice..LOL! I'm from New England so I'm used to winters much worse than what Seattle has to offer. The coast of Maine was usually gray and VERY cold for four months out of the year! I usually like overcast days, my eyes are a very light blue which makes me sensitive to sunlight (people usually think I wear colored contacts they are so light). I'm also looking forward to the culture and urban vibe of Seattle. Really, the only thing I'm going to miss about Tampa is the winter weather and my walks on Bayshore.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:19 PM

112 posts, read 490,278 times
Default I am moving also.

I am moving also, It seems alot of people are moving out of Florida.

Only thing is, Im stuck here till my condo sells........

So I'm sure im here another year or so....

Anyways best of luck in Seatle

Old 08-30-2007, 03:36 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,073,951 times
See ya.....

Old 08-30-2007, 06:10 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,949,906 times
i cant remember the last day i didnt here about someone moving out of florida...it seems like almost everyone is trying to get out or at least thinking of it....maybe its the summer heat getting people down....just hold tight, that first cool breeze is only a few months away....no, its more than the harsh weather, florida has become a difficult palce to live for many people for a multitude of reasons

Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 PM

9 posts, read 26,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i cant remember the last day i didnt here about someone moving out of florida...it seems like almost everyone is trying to get out or at least thinking of it....maybe its the summer heat getting people down....just hold tight, that first cool breeze is only a few months away....no, its more than the harsh weather, florida has become a difficult palce to live for many people for a multitude of reasons
We left England 5.1/2 years ago because I could not stand the weather... the summer was getting shorter and the winters longer. So, we moved to sunny Dominican Republic.

My children aged 9 & 11 years attended schools here, speak fluent Spanish. We have made many, many friends and we will be sad to move. But, the time as come for a change and a new adventure ! So, we are happy to be looking to move to Tampa where we will still enjoy the hot days.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 PM

393 posts, read 1,494,148 times
Can I ask why you chose Seattle? It's a beautiful area, no doubt.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM

975 posts, read 3,721,954 times
good luck VT!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 PM

975 posts, read 3,721,954 times
Are you going to ask the Mods if they'll change your username?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: